-

Photo
- - - - -

What do you think of this TV?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Richard_Long

Richard_Long

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted May 30 2003 - 12:53 PM

I have been looking for a medium sized widescreen television. I would like for it to be flat screen (don't know if it comes otherwise) and if possible be HDTV compatible, but not necessary.

I found what seems to be a really good deal on the Samsung TXM3097WHF. It is a 30" 16:9 flat screen for $850. Does anyone have one of these sets? Have you had good or bad experiences? Does anyone have suggestions for another 16:9 flat screen for a reasonable price?

Thanks for all your help and cooperation and let's hear those suggestions and comments.

Richard

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted May 31 2003 - 05:57 AM

Some of our members own this set, Richard, and I hope they respond to your query. One person experienced problems with chroma abberations on his sample, but others love this model. From what I understand, its grayscale is not that accurate out of the box and there appear to be some unit-to-unit variations. It might be worth persuing, and looks to be a good deal. Samsung, after all, is a reputable OEM (and its Tantalus-series models have earned good reviews in the magazines).