Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

BestBuy.com DVD player shipping...no protection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted May 23 2003 - 11:16 AM

My sister ordered a 5-disc Panasonic DVD player from BestBuy.com. All they did was slap shipping labels onto the actual DVD player box, and give it to UPS. They didn't place it in any kind of additional box with shipping protection, they just shipped it out. Needless to say, we'll be taking it back to a local Best Buy shop, unopened, and demanding a replacement. This is a horrible shipping practice.
Kyle McKnight

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,681 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted May 24 2003 - 07:05 AM

It's in its original box, with original factory packing? That's the way they're shipped from the factory to Best Buy, why is the trip from Best Buy to your house any different?

If you exchange it at Best Buy for one in the store, it won't have been handled any more gently. And if I were them, I'd certainly question why you think you need a replacement when you haven't even taken it out of the box to see if there's truly anything wrong with it.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.