-Not Logged In-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Squeeky Disc Changer

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Matthew Will

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator

• 169 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 06:28 PM

I'll admit I cheaped out a while ago and bought a 5 disc cd changer for 40 bucks off of uBid. For the most part it's a great player and does the job for me. My only complaint is that one quieter pieces of music I can hear the squeeky rotation of the cd being played through my speakers. It can ruin parts of some songs for me. Should I upgrade to a $100 dollar disc changer or is it possible that some well placed shots of oil/grease will correct the squeek? I'm sorry I don't have the model number on me right now. Matt P.S. - Why is the squeek coming through? I didn't know CD lasers read friction.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   TomCW

Second Unit

• 339 posts

Posted May 06 2003 - 04:17 AM

If the noise is coming out of your speakers, could be a bad interconnect, or an unshielded one. Try moving the cables around, and substituting them. Also, try moving the CD player away from your amp/receiver. How is the player connected, analog, digital, both? What kind of interconnects? Tom
I like to live in an altered state/ it makes me love all the things I hate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users