What's new

Any reviews of X-Files Season 7? (1 Viewer)

John Simon

Second Unit
Has anyone on the net reviewed the seventh season DVDs of The X-Files yet? I'm looking forward to this, especially since it may be the last season I buy, and it looks like there might be some great commentaries on this set.

John Simon

Second Unit

I completely agree. It mentions commentaries and deleted scenes for every episode, which I've heard nothing about. And for those of you who've never seen the 7th season, don't read that review. There are numerous spoilers in the review, so beware.

Esten

Supporting Actor
From DVDEMPIRE.COM

Features:
All-New Documentary: The Truth About Season Seven
10 Deleted Scenes With Optional Commentary By Chris Carter
13 Special Effects Sequences With Commentary By Paul Rabwin
Episode Commentary On First Person Shooter By Chris Carter
Episode Commentary On All Things By Gillian Anderson
Episode Commentary On Je Souhaite By Vince Gilligan
44 Promotional Television Spots
17 International Language Clips
All-New DVD-ROM Game Maitreya 2.0
Playstation 2 Game Preview
I'd post the pic of the back cover,but it has some BIG spoilers on it.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Okay well I have never seen Season 7 so should I just avoid looking at the back cover until I'm done? Of course I read the review :frowning:. And can someone go through all the menus or at least see the teaser video at the beginning of every DVD to see if there's any major spoilers? Once you get it of course.

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I thought Season 8 was an improvement over season 7 for one main reason (and it's way better than the silly and childish reason of "NO MULDER"). Season 7 just had way too many "comedy" episodes and not as many outright homerun episodes.

When they spinned off the Lone Gunmen from Season 8, it meant a return to the all out drama of past seasons. I know Mulder wasn't there, but I'm personally a fan of Robert Patricks acting. Also, as I'm speaking about acting, Gillian Anderson in Season 8 was just phenomenal, proving without a doubt in my mind that she's the best actor in the series. Ofcourse I've heard the critics and fanboys say Season 8 then had no humor. Robert Patrick's character was just a bit humorless compared to Mulder, so fing what. I want drama

All I'm saying is give Season 8 a chance and don't succumb to the group think and common mispercetions that X-files started to suck after the movie, and really after Mulder ceased to be a regular. Hell, some of the lesser episodes of Season 8 was after Mulder came back. Though season 7 contains a lot of the subtle romance between Scully and Mulder that really pays off in Season 8 and 9, especially concerning Scully. I know it was a pleasure seeing Scully act as passionate (and what I'd call, off the hook, almost an insane, going all out to get they want) as Mulder has been in the past. Plus the terminator 2 like 2 part ender to season 8 which was extremely thrilling. I know Season 8 is a must have for me.

Now, as for Season 9, that was where I felt the quality did drop (I call it a self fulfilling prophecy, some fans want this for so long and it actually finally happened in Season 9), but that has nothing to do with the ratings, which lost a third of the audience just because Mulder wasn't there. I was willing to give the series every chance it had to make me believe the series could go on without Scully or Mulder, but it obvious that it wasn't. There was maybe only two homerun episodes in Season 9, one of which was the ending, so I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the Season 9 at 100$ plus. BTW, I was hoping the series ender was going to be topnotch, because it was going to prove that a possible movie wasn't going to suck. After 10 mediocre episodes in a row, which is just shocking for a series that I thought was topnotch for damn near whole seasons at a time, I began to doubt, but my fears were put to rest. Hopefully there's somebody out there that agree's with me. I'd love to see some X-files fans that can actually think for themselves.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I vaguely remember last year's series finale, but I do remember that the last line of the episode,"Maybe there's hope", was the best way to close the curtain.

Concerning Season 8, the first half of it is actually quite good. I really enjoyed Robert Patrick's presence on the show, and thought the season was very strong up until the last 4 or 5 episodes.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I for one loved all the seasons...although I didnt watch much of S9...but I will buy the set...I think Robert Patrick is a very underrated actor and was glad to see him on the show...

Oh yeah...very happy to see a Gillian Anderson commentary on S7! :D

Esten

Supporting Actor

I blocked out the spot that had the spoilers.
Kevin,the back has maybe one more slight spoiler that isn't in the review posted.

Gabe Sigler

Stunt Coordinator
Reviewers are not sent full season sets of The X-Files- just the first and last discs. This might explain why the above review seems to be incomplete.

Jim Ware

Grip
Well, my copy arrived today, and it's taken me about half an hour just to remove the insert from the back of the outer sleeve. Fox have changed the sticky stuff to the same hideous gunk that they used for the back of X-Men 1.5. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks