Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Blue Discoloration on Left side of Samsung 3075...?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,241 posts

Posted May 04 2003 - 08:23 AM

Ok...on my 3075...when something is kinda sandy...not quite white...I get this blue tinted color on the far left side of the screen...I cant seem to figure out what the hell it is...any ideas? Thanks...

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Paul Pratt

Paul Pratt

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts
  • LocationWetumpka, AL.

Posted May 05 2003 - 02:41 AM

It sounds like it needs a degaussing. Thats means that the magnetic interference has gotten to high it it's screwing with the screen. (ex. when you take a magnet to close tot he screen it distorts, this is similar) You need to take it to a repair shop or if you got an extended warranty from the store you bought it from call up the number and tell them what's wrong. They will come in with a little round wand and wave it over the screen making it go away. It shouldn't cost you much, and if you find the right repairman, he may do it for free. But, if the discoloration is next to the speaker that could mean a magnetic shield break down and the TV could need a major service repair. If you got an extended warranty, again call and schedule an appointment. If no warranty then call a repair shop, if under manufacturers warranty then call the manufacturer for a list of certified repairmen or instructions on what to do now. I hope that helps.
Best,
-Paul Pratt

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,241 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 11:02 AM

I did get the extended warranty and it shouldnt cost me anything...thanks for your help....

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter

• 1,241 posts

Posted May 05 2003 - 10:07 PM

Can you degausse the set by just turning it on and off...I heard that somewhere...I mean...just sorta breaking it in ya know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users