What's new

1 rack space amplifiers (1 Viewer)

anth_c

Stunt Coordinator
I currently use my receiver as a pre-amp, but will soon be upgrading to a stand alone pre/pro. I've got speakers in another room that are currently powered by the receiver. Since my rack is quickly running out of space, does anyone know of any 1 rack unit amplifiers (height of 1.75 inches)?

This amp will be driving some bookshelf speakers that are in the garage...no need for any anything too extravagant.

Thanks,
Anthony

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Can't tell you about how much audible noise they generate, but spec's look pretty good.

www.matrixamp.com has the Vector 350 (unknown who distributes in the US).

Might want to call some pro shops or your local Guitar Center and ask what they've got that'll fit the bill. The fans tend to be on the noisy side (most I believe are 24 volts) but often they can be replaced with quieter types.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
time for a bigger rack? Maybe the amp can be moved into the garage and one can run long interconnects...or maybe just toss a receiver in the garage?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You can get the CarvinDCM-150 pretty cheap, 75 watts per channel at 4 ohms.

If you’re looking for something with more of a reputation, Crown has one-rack space amps, the venerable D-series. Not hard to find on eBay.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
If you can find one, I would suggest that you get a Soundstream DA-2. These are awesome, small, and powerful switching amps that you can find used for $300 or so (I have a couple and love them.)
JP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks