What's new

Audio/Video Amplifier (Intergrated amp) (1 Viewer)

Antonio Benedicto

Auditioning
Are there any 5 channel amps out there with everything built into it (dd-dts-DPLII) but without a tuner ? I never listen to radio stations at home and I was wondering if there are such amps.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
They are called receivers, but almost all come with a tuner. No big deal actually, if you don't need 'em, just don't use 'em

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

Actually, receivers by definition have a tuner. That's the receiving part of it, otherwise, as mentioned, they are integrated amplifiers. That being said... I really have no idea if there are multi-channel integrated amps. I would think not. I would just get a receiver anyway, and not use the tuner, it gives you many more options than finding the one or two integrated multi-channel amps/processor w/o a tuner, (if such a thing esxists). If you have the cash though, I guess separates would work, as the processors usually don't have tuners built in. I say you just get a receiver and just don't listen to the radio.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This is where to post about amplifiers. And there are a number of surround-sound integrated amplifiers (combination preamps and power amps on one chassis) available.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
The high-end Yamaha units like the DSP-A1 (discontinued) dont include receivers. I think it's replacement follows this tradition.

But I agree, dont reject a good "Integrated Amp" just because it has a tuner or a phonograph input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks