What's new

"Once More With Feeling" released as a single disc in the UK! (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Attention all multi-region PAL capable player owners. Amazon UK is selling this, (anamorphic and 5.1..!) and it's pretty reasonable. There can be NO OAR debate on this title as we all know it was WS here in the USA, (No thread hijacking, please!) I wonder if they could just sell this episode here now instead of making us wait til' next summer for the season set! I think it would sell pretty well and certainly won't sell as well next yr. as the true Buffyheads will just buy the boxset and by then most people will have caught it (albeit shortened..) on FX.

Anybody know or is it still a "rights" issue (syndication..) and we will just have to wait...

:) D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The UK disc is not 5.1, this is confirmed

You have to wait, we're not getting the single disc here, I HIGHLY recommend you NOT buy the UK disc, this is a musical where PAL speedup is going to be at its worst.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Any ETA on when we might be able to pick up the single disc?

Chris S.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I got this in the mail over the weekend.

Great disc. If only to have it all chapter encoded so I can go from one musical number to the next without having to fast forward or rewind the tape. They have the chapters right at the beginning of each song.

I didn't notice any PAL speedup. Looked and sounded fine to me.

The extras are a segment on music from Buffy, previews for ANGEL and DARK ANGEL (one of the Dark Angel ads looks like it was taken off of Fox TV, bad bad video quality complete with a TV-14 logo in the top corner) and an interview with Jessica Alba.

Great disc, will hold me over until the season gets an R1 release.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Getting rid of a little PAL speedup is not worth waiting over a year. The image is a little grainy & there is the normal PAL speedup, but there's no way that I would wait that long for a U.S. release.

If you have multi-region and PAL capability, drop the $20 and pick up a copy now. :)

-Dave

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
It is not pitch corrected. The PAL speedup is there. It's just that some people are more sensitive to pitch differences than other people.

The pitch shift drives me nuts, but waiting over a year would be even more aggravating.

-Dave

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, How does it look??
I'm about to get a Prog. scan non-region, codefree player and I'm curious...? What about the prog. scan modes? Do your players know about which mode to pick or do you have to force it..? VIDEO etc...

:) D

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I've got the Season 6 box set on preorder, so I'll pass on the single disc release. For those who did get it though, I have a question about the aspect ratio. Is it in fact shown in 1.78:1? The episode appeared to be shown in an AR closer to 2.00:1 on TV. Did they crop off the sides or is there more headroom on the DVD?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
My emmy disc is slightly windowboxed.

If people are watching it on a PAL converting DVD player (not on a computer) it might be because the player is vertically compressing it to squeeze in the extra 80 lines

JulianK

Supporting Actor
It wouldn't surprise me if the proper DVD version is from a new master. The UK disc has fixed a glitch (in the scene where the messenger tells Buffy that his master has Dawn) which was present on every version I've seen before now (the US and UK transmissions and the UK VHS release, for example).

Oh, and the commentary track is great! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks