What's new

Samsung 507W - DLP Television (1 Viewer)

Rikk B

Grip
Hey folks, does anyone out there have one of these units yet. I was in BB and the color and picture quality is amazing over regular projection tv.

I am heavily considering buying one, because I can get it for under 3000.00.

Any information regarding the pros/cons of DLP, Samsung or alternatives is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
Rick,

Please look at my response to your post on the HomeTheaterSpot as I have written an extended answer there as well as a review.

Basically, for all of the Home Theater Forum members, this set comes out extremely well after calibration. In fact, i was surprised at the black level that could be achieved from this DLP. For many situations, such as a high ambient light room, or a display that is going to have a lot of video games played on it, this set is very good.

Scaling is a problem as there were artifacts. Color decoder can be made quite accurate, gamma, black enhancement, grayscale, ect...can all be adjusted to achieve a very accurate picture.

I see these sets definitely getting better, but a good start in the direction of using DLP technology. Plus there is less maintenance than a CRT, which could be a plus.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks