Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dial up connection problem (IE6)..need help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Alf S

Alf S

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 12:44 AM

For the time being we use dial up to connect to the net at home. However, in the last day or so I've had a strange problem arise.

When I started the computer and clicked on IE (blue E) my modem connection window would pop up and automatically start dialing into my ISP...worked great before this week.

Now when I click on the "E", nothing happens...the hourglass flashes on like it's trying to do something, but stops..no connection started. We then have to click on Outlook to get a connection (or I click on a shortcut to my ISP I put on my desktop)

Any ideas why it suddenly decided not to make a connection??

It's not an earth shattering problem, but a problem none the less since it worked flawlessly before.

Thanks!
Alfer
WOOSAH!.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   David_N

David_N

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 02:17 AM

Alf,

My suggestion would be to open your Internet Properties (right click desktop icon and select properties) then select the "Connections Tab" at the top. Ensure that the "Dial whenever a network connection is not present" button is selected.

Hope that helps.
David N

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Alf S

Alf S

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted April 03 2003 - 02:26 AM

Thanks David...I'll give it a try when I get home.

Alf
WOOSAH!.