Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Toshiba MT8 Picture sizing question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony

Second Unit

• 455 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 08:05 AM

I did try the search but it wasn't working... I have a Toshiba MT8 DLP projector and miscalculated the screen size, as a result even on minimum zoom the projected image is slightly too big for the screen - it will be a real pain to get a different mounting bracket, does anyone know if hidden in the service menu is a way to shrink the vertical and horizontal image size - like on most tv's and if so, how?! Your help is much appreciated Regards MA

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Doug_B

• 1,084 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 09:22 AM

I have the Infocus 7200, which is essentially the same projector. I do not know what the service menu provides. The only thing I can think of from a user settings perspective is to engage overscan, which has a very small impact on image size (and I believe moreso wrt to width than height). Besides remounting the pj a bit closer, maybe you can use a black border around the screen to mask the excess picture, if you don't lose significant picture info in the process. I assume there's no way to actually move the screen out from the wall, but if a small movement is all that was needed, then the black border would suffice, IMO. I don't know if digital keystoning may work, but it may be worth a try. Any option to get a bigger screen? Can't think of anything else at the moment. Doug

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 02:25 PM

Have a look here for some info. I'm sorely tempted by the Toshiba MT8 which is being sold by projector.com for an astounding price of $5595.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Doug_B

• 1,084 posts

Posted April 01 2003 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the link. The threads I miss by not reading AVS for a few days Posted Image . I have an MX-700 so will import this device file and try out these functions the next time I fire up the pj.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users