What's new

Dual Monitor Primer (1 Viewer)

Andy Hardin

Stunt Coordinator
I'm working on a new project, and must admit am clueless when it comes to setting a PC up to run dual monitors.

I'm setting up a mp3 jukebox using the Virtual Jukebox application that has just been updated to be compatitble with dual monitors (http://www.cybertechdesign.net/mameroom/vjpc.htm), so that the selection is on one screen and additional items (videos, lyrics, etc) are on the second screen.

I'm doing this on a dedicated machine and will eventually build a dedicated cabinet to match my M.A.M.E. cabinet in my game room. The main monitor is a touchsceen monitor which the software supports and the secondary monitor will a conventional monitor.

The machine I got for it is a cheap 600Mhz e-machines but will work perfectly (and it was free from my brother!).

What is my easiest and most cost effective way to do this in XP. I know I will have to get a secondary video card, are there cards out there that will run both monitors from one card, or will I set up the on board VGA card and get a PCI card for the secondary monitor?

As I said, I've never done this and am trying to get my arms around it before I start. Thanks!

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
dual monitors is cake, just get two monitors connected to your computer and tweak the display properties and your off.

I worry about the e-machine as I can easily imagine it having onboard video and no AGP slot. so before any good advice can be given you need to tell me if I am right or wrong in my assumptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks