What's new

Do SONY Clie's have the NOTEPAD app? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hi, my dad's kinda lookin at a few cheap PDA's, and I, as always, am helping out with research.

I was wondering if the Sony Clie's have the NOTEPAD function, where you can just scribble on the screen and itll record what you scribble without converting to Graffiti? I know its available in OS4.1 on other PDA's, but i've checked out the sony ones in-store and i cant seem to find this app...
My dad really needs this function... too bad, coz the one im thinking of showing him (PEG-SL10) is going for $88 at overstock.com after coupon.

He wants something cheap, under $180CAD, with at least 8MB of memory (I doubt my dad needs all that space, but he wants to know he has it.. thats why he wont check out the ZIRE).

Thanks!

Edit: here's a link to a fairly good explanation of the NOTEPAD program if anybody isnt familiar with it: http://www.monroe.k12.fl.us/pda/palm/06_NotePad.pdf

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've got the PEG-T615C and I don't recall seeing a "Notepad" app like you describe. It does come with a drawing program where you can scribble and doodle, but it's not meant specifically for capturing written text.

Searching Google and palmblvd.com I can't find a Notepad program like you describe. But if it's a PalmOS app, then you can download and install it onto the Clie you get.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't recall seeing that app before, and it's not currently installed in my Clie, which has OS 4.1.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
No, it doesn't come on the Sony models. There is, however, a free app called DiddleBug I recommend. It acts exactly like Notepad and adds the handy ability to add timed alarms. It's a simple app -and probably one of my most often used apps.

Here's a link at Handango: http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...0&platformId=1

There's another better-known app called BugMe that is virtually identical to DiddleBug. BugMe isn't free, however, and is a bit of a RAM hog. However, it does had skins and color.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Wow camp thanks alot.. i notice itll work with any PalmOS higher than 2.0.. that means i can get even a last-gen one and itll still load it... I dont think my dad needs very much functionality besides the basics...

what are the features between OS3.5 and OS 4.1???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks