Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

AGP 8x

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   ChuckM

ChuckM

Stunt Coordinator

• 136 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 07:28 AM

I have an agp 8x caplable motherboard(ABIT KD7) and a 8x video card(sapphire atlantis radeon 9500 non-pro(RED)),but i belive it is running at 4x because winbound hardware doctor says the agp voltage is 1.5V but for agp 8x it should be .8V.So how do make sure that I'm running agp 8x and if I'm not how do I change it.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter

• 1,402 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 08:11 AM

http://cgi2.tky.3web....gi?wcpu31a.exe

Download that and unpack it. Run wcpuid.exe. It tells you quite a bit of info about your system. Click on the "Chipset Info" button along the top. It'll tell you the speed your AGP can run and what it's currently running.
Home Theater Forum Sponsor

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Tekara

Tekara

Supporting Actor

• 783 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 10:00 AM

AGP 8x/4x is 1.5v, agp 1x/2x is 3.3v I am unaware of any AGP standard that uses only .8v. I use an asus a7n8x which has AGP voltage controls (1.5-1.9v) so I am quite sure of myself on this one.
"Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous
"The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Aaron Schmitt

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator

• 203 posts

Posted March 28 2003 - 04:12 PM

If you have the latest catalyst drivers, go to display properties, click settings, click advanced, and click the SmartGART tab. You can set the AGP speed in there. My 9500pro drivers defaulted to 4x, so I had to manually switch over to 8x.
Hope that helps
Aaron
Being eaten by a raptor ranks high on my list of inappropriate touching. - Roger Ebert