What's new

anyone have the new Stryper CD? (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Just curious if any of you have picked this one up yet. I just got it yesterday and am very happy with the two new songs on the album. They sound like i thought they would had they stayed together and continued making cds into this year. The remastered tracks (16 remastered tracks in addition to the 2 new songs) sound great as well. A very under-rated band. Hopefully people will appreciate how good these guys really are. Some AMAZING harmonies on this album.
Of the two new tracks (both of them are rock songs and both are very good- "something" definately has a much harder edge to it) the song "something" is amazing and has some really crunchy guitar in it. Fans of the band should definately pick this one up. Hopefully this will lead to more full length albums in the future, but for right now, I'll take what i can get. :D

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
picked mine up at paradise records... best buy should have it as well.. for some reason though they may have it under the rock category, while their others are in the Christian section. i would check both. If you don't see it there, i would ask. :)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Tim. technically they arent still around. The record company called mike, and told him they were going to do a greatest hits cd.. Mike told them they already had done that before.. He had written two new songs shortly beofre the call, and he suggested those songs go on the cd for something new. So the guys all got together to do the two new ones. Hopefully if all goes well, there will be a full reunion sometime in the future. Kind of exiting hearing new stuff from them after 12 years. :)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
The Tim Gaines newsletter stated that Stryper had gotten back together to record a couple of new tracks for the greatest hits CD as well as play a few live dates. Tim told me that they have no dates scheduled for the US as of yet (well... he told me that about a month ago) but I am hoping. I've also read that the Live in Japan concert video is in the works for DVD as well.

You can sign up for his newsletter here:
http://www.4electricbass.com

Here is the official Stryper Web site (that is about to be revamped so there isn't much there at the moment):
http://www.stryper.com

But there was this interesting little tidbit:

"Fastlane" episode will feature Stryper song!
The FOX series "Fastlane" will feature the song "Keep the Fire Burning". It will air on Friday, April 4th at 8pm/7 CST. They will end the show with the song as the actors sings/talks along with it. The directors are fans of Stryper and one of the directors is the director of the Charlie's Angels I & II movies. He also has a copy of the new material so hopefully he will consider adding something to future projects. Keep in mind, the show is a bit on the racey side. Not for all ages.

Michael Sweet
michaelsweet.com
By the way, I found the new CD at Best Buy about an hour ago so I'll have to rip it open and give it a spin!

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Sounds good. Some of the older stuff actually sounds better on my system than the newer material.

I really liked this band back in the day. Even with 18 tracks I felt they left some stuff off I would have liked, like "Sing Along Song" Still, a good representation of their work.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
173 veiws for this topic...... hmmm ...... lets hear from all the stryper fans! :)
I'm curious to know what you all think. I seriously hope to hear some more new material from these guys. Its great to have a band sing about posiitive things, unlike most of todays stuff. anyhow... sound off guys (and gals):D

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Not a big Stryper fan, more a fan of Petra, 3rd Day and Jennifer Knapp but I do remember seeing a Stryper video on MTV in the 80's for their top 10 countdown.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
ok.im sure by now others HAD to have gotten this new cd.. any of you who have viewed this topic and not respnded. c'mon speak up! lets hear you! :) :emoji_thumbsup:

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I think all of us are all waiting for someone to actually buy the album. :) Some might be too embarrased to admit that they are Styper fans. :b

Jason

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I lost respect for Stryper way back in 1987 or 1988 when they hosted MTV's Headbanger's Ball. The two guys on there acted like immature rock stars and didn't act all that Christian to me.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
well mark.. they did go through a time where they werent where they should have been in their Chsitian walk.. they have said that as well.. the importiant thing to remember is that they are human, and do make mistakes. I met them about 3 years ago, and they are humble people and are very much Christians.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks