What's new

2nd BMW Films series out soon (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I did a search on this and I didn't see any mention of it, I hope it's not old news to you.

In case anyone is interested, I recieved the latest issue of Roundel, the BMW Car Club Magazine. Inside is a full page ad saying that subscribers will recieve a complimentary copy of the second "The Hire" film series on DVD in the next issue. I can only speculate it will be available at dealers and car shows and other venues like last time.

I'm not as excited by this second series of films, they weren't as compelling as the first 5, but it's good news for those who enjoyed them that the DVD will be out soon. I still look forward to it!

Nelson

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Any more news on a DVD of this wonderful series?? And no I do not want the DVD-rom version available on the Motown DVD. Can't understand the rational on that one.....??

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Doh, I don't understand that logic either! Let's hope the shorts are anamorphic with DTS this time (fat chance I know)!

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Per Ron's review:
"DVD-ROM content includes a series of shorts
from BMWFilms including Hostage, Ticker and
Beat The Devil. I would HIGHLY recommend
that anyone who is a fan of Gary Oldman take the
time to watch Beat The Devil. It rocks!"

DVD-ROM content to me means DVD-ROM content. I guess I could be mistaken but this is to be used in a computer's DVD Drive. Am I incorrect in this understanding??? Anyone???

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"Bueller????Bueller????Bueller?????"

& Scott I know. When I posted I saw your change. Sorry if I came across wrong but I thought I read that right in Ron's review and, to say the least, was very, very disappointed. The only thing I can figure is that they don't want them on DVD yet because they want our $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. What other reason would there be?

Any more info???????

Bueller????

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

The DVD will be free for those who own or lease a BMW but there will be "a nominal shipping and handling fee" for us poor folk.

Matt_P

Second Unit
Is this disc going to include only the 2nd wave of films, or every
BMW short to date? I've heard conflicting reports.

Glenn_Jn

Stunt Coordinator
Per Ron's review:
"DVD-ROM content includes a series of shorts
from BMW Films including Hostage, Ticker and
Beat The Devil. I would HIGHLY recommend
that anyone who is a fan of Gary Oldman take the
time to watch Beat The Devil. It rocks!"
Actually of the 3 shorts I found this to be the weakest. I thought "Hostage" was the best even with all the usual John Woo slow motion silliness.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I'd guess that the fact that they originally promised that all 8 films would be included only to remove all mention of the previous 5 from their website indicates that it'll only be "Season 2".

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The DVD is now available to order for $3.75 + tax at bmwfilms.com. The website states that the DVD contains 8 films, and I can make out "Hostage", "Ticker", "Beat the Devil", "Ambush", "Chosen", "The Follow", "Star" and "Powder Keg" on the coverart (which is a DVD keepcase, not the CD jewel case that the earlier disc came in.) "The Follow" also appears to be available to watch again on the website, but I didn't attempt it with my dialup connection. The rumors I heard about the film being pulled in the first place involved Forrest Whitaker not agreeing to the DVD release. I heard BMW considered recasting his scenes to make the film available on the earlier DVD. Would somebody with a faster connection check out "The Follow" on the bmwfilms.com website to see if Forrest Whitaker is still in the film? It would be unfortunate if the film had to be altered to be made available again. I have the earlier DVD with all 5 films but it would be nice to just get rid of the older disc in favor of the newer one, but if Whitaker's role has been recast I'd have to hold on to it.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
There's no technical information on the website whatsoever. The only details known is that it includes "8 films" and you can make out each individual title by looking at the small pic of the coverart, but no other specs are to be found anywhere on the site from what I could tell.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I have the first DVD, in jewelcase, with The Follow. It's got some great extras, including commentaries, etc. I hope all of this is retained on the new DVD, so I can give the old one as a gift to someone. I also hope the films are anamorphic this time.

Eric F

Screenwriter
It should be anamorphic because the versions that come on the Motown disk, and the HD versions on the WinXP Demo disk are both full widescreen.

Juan C Toro

Stunt Coordinator
It should be anamorphic because the versions that come on the Motown disk, and the HD versions on the WinXP Demo disk are both full widescreen.
This doesn't tell me much. The current DVD for season 1 is also widescreen, but non-anamorphic.

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks