Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Seinfeld - Filmed in Panavision?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,213 posts

Posted February 20 2003 - 12:21 PM

Wondering if anyone can answer this. I have noticed in the ending credits of certain Seinfeld Episodes, it says "Filmed in Panavision" instead of "Filmed with Panavision Cameras and Lenses" Does this mean that some Seinfelds actually were filmed anamorphically? I'm guessing it's a gaffe since it's a long shot that a T.V. show would be done in the actual Panavision process, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#2 of 3 charles white

charles white

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted February 20 2003 - 12:42 PM

It means the production used cameras and lenses made by Panavision, not necessarily widescreen anamorphic framing.

#3 of 3 Rain

Rain

Producer

• 5,020 posts

Posted February 20 2003 - 12:49 PM

It's a mistake.

Since you already know what the two different phrases indicate, no need to repeat.

But this is a common error on both TV shows and various films. I saw the same error on something just the other day, but I can't remember what it was.

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon