What's new

Sears Done did me Wrong (1 Viewer)

Jon_Durham

Grip
Two weeks ago I purchased the Sony KP-46WT500 cause it has very good reviews. Last weekend Sears delivered a broken up KP-46WT500 and of course they took it back to the warehouse. I called the salesman and he said he would deliver another one 15 Feb. Well, I'm pretty sure he did not order another from the central warehouse cause when I called yesterday for a delivery time he said Sears was out of this TV and that the model has been discontinued (which I find hard to believe). He then offered the Hitachi 51UWX20B for the same price. 5 minutes later he called back and said the Hitachi was also not available and offered the Toshiba 50H82.

I stopped by Sears and asked if the Sony KP-51WS500 was available for the same price and he agreed it was.

Now Circuit City has the KP-46WT500 but not nearly the good price that Sears had.

Sooooooooooo of the KP-46WT500, KP-51WS500, Toshiba 50H82, and Hitachi 51UWX20B which is the best TV?

Is there someone at Sears I can contact to get either the KP-46WT500 or the 51UWX20B??

Help deeply appreciated.

Real Name
stephenrabinowitz
Well for one Sears is a big rip off, try using there price match. Circuit City will match Sears price & give you 110% of the difference back. Circuit City can be a pain to but you can get it. I got a Zenith C34W23 for $1798 with a price match.

Dan Ponze

Stunt Coordinator
I checked on the 46 inch on the computer system and no it has NOT been discontinued. It is on backorder though until March 3rd. I think you should give Sears a call back and talk to the manager. They should be able to accomodate your needs whatever they are. Not sure about Sears but Great Indoors honors the 110% price promise. I just did it yesterday on a Samsung DLP.

Jon_Durham

Grip
Dan, I'm not surprised that the 46" Sony is still on the market. I think the Sears salesman is new and doesn't know what he is doing. At any rate, what he does is to access the Sears database and queries it for the Sony and gets a message 'not in stock'. The system does not allow him to order an item not in stock. I checked with another Sears and the man there confirmed this. What he should be doing is asking someone with knowledge about the stock system.

I was able to get the Hitachi 57UWX20B from Sears for just $200 more than the deal on the 46" Sony ($1800 plus DVD player) for a total of $2000. This TV has geat reviews!:emoji_thumbsup:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Maybe that Sears guy knows what he's doing and just want to make a sale. If he tells you the truth, you might just go buy it from somewhere else.

_Man_

Dan Ponze

Stunt Coordinator
I was at Sears today and their compuer systems are a bit quirky (I was trying to buy a vacuum). Talk to the manager. The system should let you order one unless it is super backordered (which rarely happens). Perhaps their systems aren't as sophisticated as the ones at the Great Indoors. If we run into that extremely rare incident I just ring it as a take with, call the buyer personally, and just have her order one in for me as soon as they come in from Sony. No muss, no fuss.

Jon_Durham

Grip
Man you might be right, perhaps he was doing a form of bait and switch. But I doubt it since he offered the Hitachi 51UWX20B ($2199), the Toshiba 50H82 ($1999), and the Sony KP-51WS50 ($2199) for the same price as the 46" Sony ($1899).

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Jon,

I meant he might only be lying about the Sony 46" being discontinued, not a bait-and-switch per se.

Sears salesfolk make commission, so he definitely wants a sale although not sure how the price discount would factor in. Even w/ the discount you got, Sears is still making good $$$ on the sale.

Btw, did you get their EW? If so, did he know you would get the EW beforehand? If so, that would factor in also.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks