Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Preamp for Paradigm Active 40

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Wynda

Wynda

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 25 2003 - 09:34 AM

Hello to All:

I am in the process of upgrading the preamp section in my system. I have sampled various components, including preamps from Parasound, B&K, Sim Audio, Ayre. I am now contemplating the new Krell preamp. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with synergy between Krell and Paradigm. Just curious. I would obviously appreciate any input at this time. Also, any other piece that folks would recommend for my stereo-only system? Thanks in advance.

FYI: My system consists of the following--

Sony CDP XA20ES (Single disc CD Player)
Monarchy DIP
Perpetual Technology P3A DAC
Musical Fidelity A300 Integrated amp (Preamp only)
Paradigm Active 40sPosted Image

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Zbigniew

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator

• 185 posts

Posted January 25 2003 - 01:06 PM

howdy, I got a hold of a used Lexicon MC-1 - since my rig is only used for music, with sources beeing a rack full of CD-changers running through DXS (very nice digital cross connect from Nirvis), and a record player waiting for an upgrade. What was importan for me was a processor which will create a whole room sound - so the list was hort, Merridian 568 and Lex MC-1. Lex was 3 times cheaper... I run it without center channel. Looks like you spend a lot of time in 2 channel mode - thus I would look closely at Bryston; it has a separate 2 channel audio section, and a very good 5.1/7.1 channel mode. Also new Lexicon just shown at CES is worthy checking in your home. All the best, _zjt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users