What's new

Your Thoughts On The JVC RX-DP10 at $629 (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
www.ecost.com has this reveiver "New" for around $710 shipped & a friend came over with the new 2004 JVC Catalog today & was asking me about it because he din't see it in the catalog but I know it's been discontinued & replaced by the RX-DP15 which has "Analog Direct" instead of the 10's "Line Direct" & the 10 has THX Ultra & the 15 has Ultra 2 but from what I could tell the 10 seems to be exactly the same as the 15 except for those. Yes, I know they don't have PL IIx but they do have PL II. Any thoughts on the JVC 10 at that price or should he be looking at a new Yamaha or Denon? Thanks.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Steve, You could be right because the 20 came out in the middle of the year, I think. From JVC's catalogs:
RX-DP9VBK
RX-DP10VBK
RX-DP9VBK
RX-DP10VBK
RX-DP9VBK
RX-DP10VBK
RX-DP15VBK
RX-DP20VBK

A few months back on JVC's Website they also had an RX-25VBK & when I saw it din't have Pro-Logic IIx in it I sent JVC & email telling them that if they came out with that receiver without PL IIx they were going to get caught behind the eightball again, just like they did with the older DP line that din't have PL II when all the other receivers in the same price range had it. If you check JVC's Website now the 25 is no longer listed so maybe they got enough complaints about it & are now re-tooling it to replace the 20. Earl, I remember when the JVC's first came out giving you some info on them from the catalog I had. I just though when he showed me ecost's price that it was a good deal but I wondered for $700 delivered what else might be out there in new receivers? He wasn't planning on spending that much so $700 is really pushing it for him & he doesn't want to go with refurbs.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
At around $700 you might look at a Denon 2805. Probably superior processing and features (mainly auto room-eq) but the amp section probably isn't going to be nearly as strong.

I would go with the HK7200 which was their flagship until the 7300 was released. It does auto level adjustment but doesn't have the auto-eq. The 7200 also has one of the best/strongest amp sections in any receiver on the market.

Hope this helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks