What's new

Your All Time Top 10 Favorites - What's Finished and What's Left (1 Viewer)

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by bobPON

3. 77 Sunset Strip

5. Surfside Six

6. Hawaiian Eye

I see these get referenced from time to time, which has peaked my curiosity. But all I know about them are what I've found in IMDB (never seen a single episode). Unfortunately, for me, I don't get GoodTV, which appears to be a network that has had these shows in their lineup from time to time. I've seen no releases or compilation sets with even a single episode. I definitely would be interested if these would show up somewhere in some form or another.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Here you go, in no particular order:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Complete) I admit, I had my sister send me the Japanese release of S4-S7, so I have both the Widescreen and US releases. I didn't really grab all the series (since it was on repeats often elsewhere) until the seasons became $15 at walmart. Then it was too good of a deal to pass.

Angel - Same with Buffy, I waited, they got super cheap, great buy for me!

Star Trek DS9 - I admit, on this one, a favorite, I bought absolutely as they came out. And I way overpaid. Like $89 a season or something. Oh well. The bigger issue is that this whole set looks terrible on DVD (no offense) which is one of the reason I keep lobbying for a BD release of it.. hell, keep the resolution, just lower the compression. Because this set is rife with compression artifacts, terrible look, and motion problems. It's way over compressed and shows it's age.

The Wire - Own it, Complete.. love everything about this series.

Carnivale - I really held out on buying this. It's a favorite, but this is a show that loses a lot of it's wow factor when it's not in HD. The DVDs aren't bad, but I regret this may never see a BD release.

Dexter - Some of the prettiest BDs ever.

Mad Men - The BDs are fantastic, interesting extras, love them.

MASH - I want to collect, but hmm.. I never see it. Will look someday.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 - I admit, I'm primarily interested in the Joel Robinson years, but I'd collect them all. May never happen.

FireFly - Love it. Single season that ranks as one of my favorite series ever.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Batman (1960s) - How can a guaranteed hit be virtually a guaranteed-never-to-happen?!?!

Mary Tyler Moore Show - Finally finishing - but only grade C+ on an AA++ series because of haphazard, disinterested effort by Fox

The Avengers - Complete, cheerio!

Bonanza - Full marks for 1st season effort CBS - now where's the next 13?

Kolchak: The Night Stalker - Complete but less-than spirited effort

The Andy Griffith Show - Yup, done up good

The Dick Van Dyke Show - Complete

Get Smart - Complete, and loving it!

Maverick - one tame teaser disk, then nothing...

Twilight Zone - Well done

Honorable Mentions:

Switch - Not even on the radar

Car 54, Where Are You - Still just a rumour

Beverly Hillbillies - After a couple of seasons, lost in the cement fishin' pond

The Jack Benny Program - Cut that out! Only a tiny portion of the old series is available in poor PD versions

Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Half done, what's the holdup, Universal?

Mister Magoo - Still unavailable

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I know Adam West has been pushing for this released, but, there is only so much he can do with the studios around the released on this show. I remember watching the show in syndication on YTD in Canada. I love the show, but, i know movie studios have re-package the character and do not necessarily want to associate with the 1960s show. However, i beg to differ, because there are fans born in the 1940s - 1974 that love the old series.

If i can have a wish on shows then i would like to see the following released.

1. Logan's Run TV series (WHV did talk about this show may be on the radar screen if and when the movie is re-made

2. White Shadow, Charlie's Angels, SWAT have only one season to be released. It would be nice for them to complete this set.

3. Sierra is another show i like to see, but, it may have to package with something else. I am a big fan in these one off shows. However, it is doubtful that many of them will be released. Let's face it some of these shows are 40-50 years old and knew generation is not interested in them.

4. HB cartoons, like Herculoids, Jabberjaw, Speed Buggy, Goober and the Ghost Chaser

5. Old Filmation shows like journey to the center of the earth, new adventures of Gilligan, Far out Space nuts.

6. Family Sitcoms, like Hogan Family and the completion of Growing pain or at least to the point where mike graduates high school

7. Night Gallery as its' last season

8. Dallas and its last season

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks