What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Yes Network and Cablevision agreement to show Yankee games in Tri-State area on HOLD! (1 Viewer)

D

DAN NEIR

Just heard that YES and cablevision reached an agreement to show Yankee games in NYC. This is great news for fans in NYC who only had cablevision and couldn't see the team last year.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im not a yankee fan(i like the mets) but i like the yes network as i watch Mike and the Mad Dog on there as well as the better Nets game and a few of there special shows. I live 5 blocks from nassau where they have cablevision and werent able to get it. We have time warner cable. I know a lot of yankee fans came into queens to watch the yankee games

capt

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Nah.... now only if they would allow different cable companies into all areas of a state so we canactually CHOOSE wich one we want to be a part of :).

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I wonder if its a karma, but here in the Twin Cities Time Warner Cable and Fox Sports Net settled their dispute yesterday.

Fox Sports Net had been off their system since January 1st.

Paul

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Cable here in Ny is very strange. Certain Parts only have Time Warner, others only cablevision. Time warner we get MSG, Fox Sports and Yes for free. Cablevision they have to pay for it. Bronx is the only part of NYC with cablevision. Its all screwed up

capt

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I just caught the tail end of a CBS news 2 report that stated YES has cancelled it's deal with Cablevision, but I didn't get all the factoids. Grandfather will not be too happy if this is true, heh.

can anyone fill me in on the details?

Thanks!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
No it was Actually someone on the YES executive board that said NO. One of the artbitors was on Mike and the Mad dog today and he said it was YEs's fault. Also The Yes network turned off Mike and the Dog around 3 PM because someone from cablevision was going to be on to talk about it. Later on yes said it was "Technical Dificulty"

capt

LewB

Screenwriter
It looks like we are back to square one. The deal fell thru. Here's the opinion of Phil Mushnick in the NY Post.

[rant]DOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH[/rant]

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Something was worked out...because the Yankee opener is on Cablevision right now. My friend just called me and said it is on.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Can anyone give me an update an info? News 12 New Jersey just showed an updated scroll blurb that stated the games where now available...

LewB

Screenwriter
Michael Kay said that an agreement was worked out thanks to NYS attorney general Spitzer. The games are on Cablevision.
Now please pray for Derek Jeter, he collided with the Jay's catcher on a head first slide into third. He was taken off on a cart and it looked like he tore up his left shoulder pretty badly.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
I think I'm gonna be sick.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
The game wasn't on my cablevision last nite. Do you have to call up and special-order that station?

LewB

Screenwriter
I think they said that if you have the digital "io" silver or gold service, you would get it automatically. Don't know what the deal is if you get basic or non digital service.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Just FYI, the CableVision Channel Guide said that you have to order the network..

1-866-5-GameOn

At least here in the Oakland Area in NJ, it's on CH 89...

Here's hoping they didn't take off another good channel for the YES network, but I don't think anything was on 89 previously .... :D

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
OK thanks. I guess I'll call them. Their website had something about a package deal that included Fox Sports and MSG and Yes and I already get the first 2 so I was wondering if I'd get YES by default. No, apparently.

I didn't get anything on 89 before, so I don't think they had to take anything away to make room for YES, though I would have gladly traded, say, the Golf channel or Lifetime or any of another dozen or so channels if I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks