1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB- small piece of grill cloth

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Jeff Bayne, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Jeff Bayne

Jeff Bayne Active Member

Hey guys, in my living room, i have a large cherry cabinet with the doors that open and then slide down the inside sides to reveal the TV. below the tv are slots for the receiver and DVD... Anyway, i have my FR, FL and center channel speakers sitting on top of the TV, but still inside the cabinet- there's just enough room. I'd like to make a simple grill bracket to cover all three speakers instead of seeing the individual speakers.

So, I need a piece of cloth about 12" x 48". I need it to be black- and very black, not like charcoal that could be considered black.

Let me know what you got.

Thanks,
    jeff

2. Tom Donaghue

Tom Donaghue Well-Known Member

Have you considered looking in a fabrics store, Jeff? You should be able to easily find a suitable fabric for this in stores like Hancock Fabrics or Jo-Ann Fabrics.

While I believe both of these places have an online presence, I would want to see the material first-hand before purchasing it... -TD

3. ErichH

ErichH Well-Known Member

Black Ponte at Handcock - Material of choice for 1000s of DIY speaker makers. Available on line and local for about 6-7 bucks a yard - 52 inch width. Material is a double knit poly - very easy to stretch.

4. Chuck_W

Chuck_W Well-Known Member

I agree that Joann's is the place to go. If you don't have a store locally, PM me...I might have some left over from a bass trap project.