What's new

Would your wife play with you-TOP SPIN tournament, LCVG Top Spin "couples" tournament (1 Viewer)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Yes... I concur completely with Jeff ^^^^.

The game is awesome despite these minor flaws. This game allows me to play tennis as I do in real life, using the same shots and strategy. It's great.

Even if this game had supported mixed doubles, I would not be able to join the intended tournament since we have only one account in the house.

I'm preparing my player for on-line play, so at least I will be out there.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Even if this game had supported mixed doubles, I would not be able to join the intended tournament since we have only one account in the house.
All you need is one account. The 2nd player can play as a guest. I just logged in to Live and tested this, just select GUEST as the player for the 2nd controller.

I have been playing singles online. The competition is pretty stiff. Not sure if there is an exploit, but the guy on top of the leaderboard is 50-0.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I have been playing singles online. The competition is pretty stiff. Not sure if there is an exploit, but the guy on top of the leaderboard is 50-0.
50-0??!!!??

Man, this game came out only yesterday. Is he playing with an established pro or did he create his own? I'm creating my own and having him go through the ranks. May take a bit of time to get there as I do have a life.

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
FYI, looks like XSN support won't come for a couple more weeks. The tournament is still on though. My wife is very good... so beware... or maybe I am just really bad.

We got 18 couples now!

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
Let's set a night for Top Spin playing as we wait for XSN. Might I suggest either Mondays or Tuesdays at 9pm EST... My wife and I played our first XBlive game against another couple online tonight. We both got so emotional during this game (that we lost), we cannot wait to play again. It is tough to get couples to play without pre-planning.

I'll report back with an official soon. Any preferences?

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
Well, depending on how the couples tournament goes, I'd love to hold some singles tournaments. I'm starting with the "couples" thing as it is really fun to play with my wife - glad to see her excited for gaming.

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
PLEASE EVERYONE! GO TO XSNSPORTS.COM, AND REGISTER IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. WHILE THERE, PLEASE POST ON THE TOPSPIN FORUM, COMPLAINING ABOUT THE INABILITY TO PLAY DOUBLES TOURNAMENTS! IF WE MAKE ENOUGH NOISE PERHAPS THEY WILL FIX THIS. GO THERE NOW. THANKS.

I have set up the tournament. Unfortunately, the following people could not receive invitations:
YGM, Bat Bat, Auntie Muffin, Elmo, Peench

The above haven't registered at XSN I guess?

Also, it seems that XSN has some sort of restriction concerning GUEST accounts, multiple live tags, etc... that I haven't quite figured out yet. This could put a damper on our tournament.

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
Once again, I am sorry. But XSN DELETED the tournament for no reason. Sorry to frustrate you all. But I am happy to announce that I've started a Top Spin TOUR that starts next week, and you've all been invited. I have made this tour public, so please join ASAP to reserve your spot.

INVITEES
H1ro, fighting fish, Mister Doodads, NPYYZ, ant1, Kfredericks, JTello, Nightwing, xPieter, WarEagle, OCGN Hiro, Thro, ElmoVT, JGDiablo, spubiga, MrBrett, Sonic Yogurt

http://www.XSNsports.com/TopSpin/JoinGroup/?tgid=1264
LCVG TSPIN TOUR

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks