What's new

would you recommend Heroes to a Buffy/Veronica Mars/Angel/Supernatural fan? (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I know what a big release this is next week, and I've only seen the pilot of the show, which was decent. Now that I know Kristen Bell from Veronica Mars is joining the cast this season, I am debating if I should try it out or not. The only thing I dread is that it's another Lost, which i tried to get into but found tedious and wound up selling on ebay. Would someone who loves the four aforementioned shows (I know Veronica is a different genre, but many of it's fans are shared with the other shows) find something to enjoy with Heroes, or is it another Lost type program?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You're not the first person to compare the two shows. Many have found Heroes more satisfying because it actually has provided answers and moved the story along whereas Lost has often been frustratingly stagnant or elusive in those areas. So more than likely you will appreciate it if you found Lost frustrating.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably give Heroes a second chance too.

Saw a tiny bit of it, liked what I saw, but didn't see enough to follow along and understand anything that was happening. Therefore I avoided it completely. Now is a second chance to see the whole thing.

FYI, both Heroes and Veronica Mars will share something in common next season, but I'm sure everyone knows what that is by now.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Well, I haven't seen Buffy, Veronica Mars, Angel, or Supernatural, but I have seen Lost, and while I consider myself a fan of the show, I have to admit that it's slow pace and reluctance to address any of the myriad questions it raises can be bothersome. As Cameron says, Lost tends to stagnate. My favorite thing about Heroes is that it most definitely does not do this. The show moves briskly and satisfyingly. Heroes has some similarities to Lost, but it's definitely easier to get into and more rewarding.

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator
Loved Buffy and Angel but I only lasted about 6 or 7 episodes into Heroes. I kinda got bored with it and didn't see it as much different-quality wise- than watching an episode of Smallville.
The hype for the show was, I think, over the top. Trying to make out that it was somekind of masterpeice. The ad campaign of "save the cheerleader, Save the world" seemed kind of juvenile and stupid to me-not to mention nauseating after hearing it for the 1000th time in the promos.
I'd rent it if I were you. I suspect it'll be one of those shows that burns out pretty quickly.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Heroes is a pretty good show and I'd bet that you'll enjoy it and it'll flow great on DVD. That being said, if you watch S2 as it airs, you'll probably get It's-Not-As-Good-As-The-First-Season-itis because of the lack of flow that comes with watching it week to week.

The difference between Heroes and Lost is that Heroes can have some semblance of an ending to its story at the end of one year (although some threads continue) while Lost has to reach an ending after six years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks