What's new

Will there ever be a reissue ofthe Walt Disney Treasures DVDs (1 Viewer)

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
This whole limited issue crap is stupid. Its not like disney is making any more money from the people pawning these things off for 100+ bucks on Ebay.

Disney should really reprint these things for your normal, nondiehard, run of the mill fan such as me. Hell, I don't even need the big tin and any other crap they stuck in there if any. Just press the damn DVDs and stick them in a normal double disc case so I can buy them and stop capturing the edited garbage they show on Toon Disney.

I really don't blame pirates in issues like this one.

SimonI

Grip
I heard a rumour that there would be R2 releases (in the UK and France), but that was a while ago. One thing you can be certain of: the UK issue will be in a boring amaray, whilst the French one will be packaged like the metal tin ones but better!

BTW - you're aware of the next wave being up for preorder right now? Good price at DVD Soon... :emoji_thumbsup:

DeeF

Screenwriter
If you sign up for the Disney Movie Club, you can get the Treasures in a set of 4:

Silly Symphonies
Disneyland
Mickey Mouse in Living Color
Davy Crockett

When you sign up, you get 3 free DVDs. You're required to buy 5 over a year's time, so if you buy 1 more regular DVD ($5 off list price) and the set of 4 Treasures, each for $30, you'll get 8 DVDs for about $135 plus shipping. The Treasures are in the original sealed tins.

Call this number 1-800-362-4587.

(I'm not a Disney employee or anything. I just did this myself, just now.)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I would think they would be re-released without the tins at some point, seeing as inside the tin is a double disc amary case.

I suspect that if they are going to increase the frequency of the line, as rumored, than re-releases would be a part of that, seeing as prepping these set, and restoring elements seem to take a while. Again, I doubt you'll get the tin and lithograph on a re-release, which isn't a big deal.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Why didn't you buy them when they were first released? It was just 2 years ago.

There'd better not be a reprint. These were promoted as a strictly limited, numbered release. Unlike Dreamworks with "Saving Private Ryan," Disney usually knows what "Limited Edition" means.

Besides, I still have to put my extra copies on Ebay. :D

DeeF

Screenwriter
I don't think these things will be reprinted in the same form. Probably, as HD-DVDs become available, etc., we'll see the same material in different forms. But the DVDs with silver treasure boxes are clearly one-of-a-kind.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Why didn't you buy them when they were first released? It was just 2 years ago.[/QUOTE

I really didn't care about them that much and had no idea they would become this hard to fine. As someone else stated there many other releases that a labeled limited and you can still find zillions them.

But as I said, I don't care about the tin box or the lithograph, hell Disney can even keep Leonard Maltin and the extras because I just want to watch the bloody cartoons.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I was unaware that this series even existed until reading about it on these online forums early this year. So, it was on a trip to Disney World in January where I saw a few copies of the Mickey Mouse tin in the giant toy shop in Downtown Disney. I bought it right then and there - retail price was about $25, if I recall correctly. They also had the other tins in the series, but I wasn't as interested in those. I still have the old Black & White Mickey Mouse set on LaserDisc. As long as my LD players hold up, they'll do nicely.

I'm really looking forward to the Donald Duck set later this year.

Harry

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Besides, I still have to put my extra copies on Ebay.
this is exactly why I'd like to see these reprinted. I own all the treasures, and don't plan on buying duplicates. I am so sick of speculators buying items so they can cash in later on! It's destroyed pretty much every industry that is considered collectable (Comics, Cards etc) and the only ones who suffer are the fans who just want to enjoy the items.

No film fan should have to do with out these cartoons, they are part of our history, our culture, and everyone deserves a fair chance to own them.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Russell,

I agree totally. I just want the cartoons. I am not concerned about them being collectables.

I also was not aware of these until I started reading about the third wave coming out this December. I could be wrong but I do not remember seeing Disney advertise about these on TV.

Tim Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, what they should have done was made a limited release of the tins (which they did) and then continued to release an unlimited number of the same discs but in standard amray cases without the tin or lithograph. In that way they would have satisfied the collector in those of us with that particular "illness" without denying the average punter.

regards, Tim...

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I honestly doubt this material will be released again until HD-DVD. And then they'll probably crop it to fake widescreen.

In fact, series 2 was reduced from 150,000 to 125,000 due to the first series having less demand than expected.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I guess I just got lucky in that I had them preordered from the moment I heard they were coming. I dig Disney animation. Although, I must say I'm pretty amazed at how much the MICKEY set is selling for. The cartoons are interesting, but not the studio's best or most entertaining work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks