What's new

Will the rest of the roadshows make it to bluray? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
John Morgan said:
Talking [to] a Disney person...
OMG! You talked to a Disney person who had some knowledge of this and he or she actually shared that? Was this an exec, or a Disney Movie Club telephone "Cast Member?" If a real studio person, (as Lewis Black said of Dick Cheney), "That would be like a sighting of a rare white elk." Sorry, couldn't contain my sarcasm. I only wish such a disclosure wasn't a nearly once-in-a-lifetime event.

Hear hear! More transparency requested from The Mouse!

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Ken Koc said:
A list of 70mm films in Manhattan in 1970s. The theaters where they played as well whether they were "roadshow reserved performance" films.

March 26:

WOODSTOCK

16mm/Techniscope Blow-Up* / Multiscreen / Six-Track Stereo*

Warner Bros.

“No one who was there will ever be the same. Be there.”

Manhattan: [Trans-Lux] East

Expanded Release on Apr. 1

Manhattan: [Trans-Lux] West

*70mm presentation unconfirmed — Some sources suggest 70mm print availability in selected markets — Some sources suggest the Trans-Lux East and West theatres were equipped only for 35mm presentation at time of engagement
This response is a little late, but I just discovered this thread. In response to the possibility (or lack thereof) of 70MM at the Trans-Lux East & West during the run of WOODSTOCK in 1970, I worked at the Trans-Lux East from the late 70's through the early 90's, & I can definitively state that while the projectors were capable of playing mag stripe (& there were high & low octave horns behind the screen to facilitate this) there was only 35mm until the early 80's, when the theater's name was changed to the Gotham, and 70mm Century heads were installed. (My memory is that the first film that was projected in 70mm was COCOON, which would make the change to 70mm around 1984)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks