What's new

Why is it so hard to find the Warner Legends Collection? (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think I'll wait to order my set. It seems everywhere it's backordered, and the Tower seems to have a high price.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Btw, I contributed a profile at DVD Profiler for the "Here's Looking At You, Warner Bros." DVD just in case no one else did. I hope it shows up soon for everyone one way or another.
I've checked for this contribution to DVD Profiler for awhile now with no luck so I made my own contribution today, sans cover art. I will incorporate the cover art at some future date.

BTW, it is an excellent incentive for the Box Set. I'm quite pleased with it, as is my wife ;) .

Joel

Jamie_R

Auditioning
Not only could I not find the box set in my little corner of Canada, I had a hard time finding individual copies of the discs. My main interest was Sierra Madre and it was nowhere to be found.

Finally, after giving up hope of finding it locally, I ordered it from Amazon.ca and was given the 05 November as a shipping date. Despite that forecast, I received the disc yesterday. Very strange. What is Warner doing with these discs?

StevenFC

Second Unit
I've checked for this contribution to DVD Profiler for awhile now with no luck so I made my own contribution today, sans cover art. I will incorporate the cover art at some future date.
Yeah, it's kind of a crap shoot it seems with Profiler. I'm not sure why they haven't updated that yet. Maybe there was some sort of error on my end. I've only had one profile that's been used by them. I know there have been some others that have had issues with profiles too. I hope your profile (or somebody's!) gets through. I'll upload mine again I guess. I suppose it could be because it's not exactly a retail DVD if you know what I mean. I guess we'll just have to be extra patient.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I really am starting to HATE amazon.com I have emailed them several times about when my set will deliver, and all I get are automated responses, my set was supposed to SHIP tuesday I ordered it on the 27th! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR gimmie my movies!!!

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Yeah, it's kind of a crap shoot it seems with Profiler. I'm not sure why they haven't updated that yet. Maybe there was some sort of error on my end.
My contribution has still not been incorporated into the database. Something is wrong with their process. There was not apparent error generated from the contribution, which I now included with artwork as well :frowning: .

I finally finished going over 'all' the components of Legends with a review of 'Yankee Doodle Dandy', yesterday. My hat's off to Warner for a wonderful set of DVD's that fulfill both their commercial and historical obligations to the film industry :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: .

Joel

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
Amazon sent me an email saying they were delaying my order even further. Anyone know who has this in stock?

BradWOO

Stunt Coordinator
Luckily, I found it at a independent music and movie shop on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio. Price was $56.99, which isn't bad, considering how hard it is to find this set.

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
Answering my own question: who has it in stock?

I ordered it from Overstock.com on 10/21 and it shipped today! I should have it next week.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Now there's irony: the only place that has it in stock is Overstock....is something wrong with this picture? :confused:

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
A little off topic, perhaps, but...

It bothers me seeing Leonard Maltin in the extras to this collection.

I'm one of probably many HTFers who subscribed to DVD Preview, which took our money but never delivered anything beyond the premiere issue which caught our attention. Maltin was Editor-in-Chief of DVD Preview.

I assume that Maltin did not personally collect all that money, but did he ever acknowledge or apologize for the fact that people paid for this product which he, as Editor-in-Chief, never delivered?

I've subscribed to magazines that went out of business, but they fulfilled the balance of my subscription with a similar publication. DVD Preview did nothing but disappear.

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
When it rains it pours. Amazon sent me a delay notice so I went to Overstock.com and ordered it form there. Then I went to cancel my Amazon order and it shipped! So now I have two on the way. Anyone want one?

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
Amazon.ca has this listed twice. Once with full product details, and then again for $10 cheaper with just the title WARNER LEGENDS COL., the release date and nothing else. Has anybody ordered and received the cheaper collection? Is it the same thing? Thanks!

StevenFC

Second Unit
No thanks. My DVD rack is already maxed out as it is.

DVD Profiler has finally updated "Here's Looking at You, Warner Bros." But the pictures they used are awful. I (and no doubt others) sent them much better cover scans than that. Hopefully they'll update them eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks