What's new

WHV Announcement: The Postman Always Rings Twice 1946 and 1981 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
4683eb7d_postmanrings.jpeg

http://www.amazon.com/Postman-Always-Rings-Twice-Blu-ray/dp/B008PJZE0E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1343589121&sr=8-2&keywords=the+postman+always+rings+twice+blu-rayhttp://www.amazon.com/Postman-Always-Rings-Twice-Blu-ray/dp/B008PJZDX2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343589121&sr=8-3&keywords=the+postman+always+rings+twice+blu-ray

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
For catalog titles, this should of been a double feature. I'll wait for a dirt cheap sale.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Agree. A double sawbuck each for one of those marriage-made-in-heaven home video double features?

And who wants to bet it becomes one later?

(I just recently noticed the two Kill Bill movies in one case ... after how many years?)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Chas in CT /t/322635/whv-announcement-the-postman-always-rings-twice-1946-and-1981-blu-ray#post_3954811
(I just recently noticed the two Kill Bill movies in one case ... after how many years?)

In Canada Kill Bill is released though Alliance releasing, and has been available for at least 4 years on Bluray in that 2 pack. I picked it up for $12 CDN on a "Two for $24" sale. I don't expect Postman to debut at that price of course, but it should still be a double feature. Especially with the studios bemoaning the state of classic/cataloge sales. How many Joe Average consumers are going to leave the original version on the shelves when buying the Nicholson one isn't a sure thing? Stick them in one case and now there's added value to the consumer, less space on the store shelves (since that's another complaint with catalogue titles, they take up too much space) and a better chance for Warner to earn what was only ever going to be a modest profit.

(unless there's another remake to tie this into that I don;t know about...)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Actually, I only have interest in the 1946 version. I never liked the Nicholson film.

Crawdaddy

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I don't mind really, since these will probably not take long to get down to $10 each. Sure, it would be cheaper and more convenient to someone like me who wants them both as a double feature, but it also makes sense to have them available separately.
Also interesting regarding to cover art. The 1981 feature uses the original poster art, but the 1946 feature has an original design/screenshot that is fairly close to the one original poster below minus Garfield's hand and the inclusion of Turner's right arm along with a slightly different Garfield pose.
9b19f4f6_sspostman81.jpeg

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Thanks for providing the link. At $13.99, I immediately pre-ordered the original version; hopefully it will look great in blu-ray format.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks