What's new

Which Halloween II to buy? (1 Viewer)

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Spooky!! My thread rose from the dead on Halloween. Just like Michael Myers!
Aaron

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I would go with the Goodtimes. I'll admit I haven't seen the Universal one, but on a TV that's not 16:9 and has no squeeze mode, I doubt you will get any benefit at all from paying for the Universal, which I saw at Best Buy for $22.99
(which for what you get is an insane price IMHO). I purchased the Goodtimes version when it was first released, and the image still holds up, especially when you consider before it the only fans who got to own a legit widescreen version of the film were Japanese LD owners. As for whoever
bashed the film, Halloween 2 has far more atmosphere and scares than any major studio horror film in ages.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I went with the Universal release, because it said the magic "Anamorphic" word and the Goodtimes edition was in a snapper. It looked fine on my "now-in-repair" RP-91/Tosh 50H81 combo.
To those that bashed or liked #2: I just got through with Goodtimes edition of #3 and...
I want to know why the bleep it's even called Halloween 3? It's not that bad, but outside of showing Halloween on the TV a couple of times there's no connection at all. Why don't the just make every horror movie Halloween X? ex: Halloween 999: Bride of Chucky :)
If you like to watch things in sequence, feel free to skip to Halloween 4 after 2. (or to H20 for that matter)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Halloween 4 said:
Cause John Carpenter and Debra Hill (the two creators of the original Halloween) wanted to make the Halloween series a group of different stories instead of just focusing on Mikey Myers. The plan went bust and five years later, Mr. Akkad bought the rights to the Halloween series and produced Halloween 4 would continue the Myers story.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info. Maybe they could have just disowned #3 and called #4 Halloween 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks