What's new

Where are the DVHS decks with ATSC tuners? (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I mean come on. Are the manufacturers so afraid of the MPAA that they will only put NTSC tuners into DVHS recorders?

The JVC 30000 is now ~$700. I would buy it, but I really want a tuner integrated into the machine. Otherwise why doesn't some manufacturer market a D-Theater playback only deck for like $300?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Last time I checked (prior to today) the best pricing was $749. Now, using mysimon.com the best price I found was $799.

FWIW,

Gregg

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Just an update.

If you go to ecost.com and add it to your cart the price will show up as $749. Not sure what S and H would be though.

Gregg

Eric F

Screenwriter
Heh. Ok, so instead of adding to the thread you want to know where to buy the recorder for that price. Lol.
http://www.buydig.com/cgi-local/shop...d=JVCMDH30000U
$699+$35 shipping. They are Cnet certified so you should be OK with them. You'll probably want to go through Cnet so you get their protection guarantee. Just search for the model and you'll see the store in the results.
It's tempting but I really want that ATSC tuner. Transfering transport files from my PC seems like more trouble than it's worth. Now if the deck hits $500 I just might buy it.
So what happened to those cheaper JVC decks that were supposed to hit this fall? And isn't Mitsubishi and some of the other big manufacturers interested in D-Theater support?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks