What's new

What classic cartoon or childrens shows would you like to see released on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Puff the Magic Dragon

I cant believe no one has mentioned it. (note: I skimmed the posts)

Does anyone remember Banana Man ?

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
Are you Afraid of the Dark
Land of the Lost (90's Version)
Laverne & Shirley Cartoon (I didn't even know there was one but I'd buy it)
She-Ra
Rocco's Modern Life
Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
Tale Spin

thomasDi

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas Dickensheets
The Jetsons now on DVD.
DuckTales Vol 1 now on DVD.
Top Cat now on DVD.
The Flintstones Season 1-4 now on DVD.
Jonny Quest now on DVD.
Scooby-Doo Where are you? Now on DVD.
Chip 'n' Dale RR Vol 1 now on DVD.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm going to show my age here and make a plea to whoever holds the rights to release exerpts from the great Kiddie shows of the 50's and 60's (at least those who broadcast to the NY suburbs). I see that a Soupy Sales 3-discer is coming out. Anyone remember the late Sandy Becker (Wonderama), the late Claude Kirschner and that insufferable clown doll (Terrytoon Circus), the still very much alive Chuck McCann, Officer Joe Bolton (Three Stooges shorts), Sonny Fox (also Wonderama), the great John Zacherle (various shows in various venues), national stuff like Kula, Fran and Ollie, and the syndicated hosts like Andy Devine (Andy's Gang) and various "teachers" of Romper Room. Would love top see archival footage of these people in action, even if it's only Kinescope quality.

CherylWI

Stunt Coordinator
Dick,

I'd love to see all of those old New York shows too. They were the first shows I remember watching after school and on Sunday with Wonderama. I have many fond memories from those times. However, according to the TV Party website many of the kinescopes were erased or destroyed of the Sandy Becker show and others. Maybe some private parties have copies.

I'm probably the only one on this forum who would like to see "Spunky and Tadpole".

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
Jonny Quest (the original, not the edited one out now)
Josie and the Pussycats
Undersea 2020 (the original, not the bastardized spoof out now)

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
Since were' talking about Cartoon's and Children Shows, why not Cartoon Netowrk's early original shows (i.e. Two Stupid Dogs, The What a Cartoon Show, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, The Powerpuff Girls). I know they lakc the nostalgia of the 80's cartoons, but they still deserve to get a DVD reelase, but thosre SOBs at Warner refuse to grant them one.

Same with the Nicktoons, namely Rocko and Angry Beavers.

Jeffrey*C

Auditioning
all I really want is the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon.
and it's painful to know it's been released for R2, with extras even!

i hope someday to own an official & legal DVD version of the show.
i'd buy it in an instant!

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I'd like to add The Plastic Man Comedy Adventure Show to the mix too now that Batman The Animated Series is finished and Superman the Animated Series is about to be done.

Paul

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I wanna see Tennesee Tuxedo and there was that one with the frog Hippity Hoppity or Uncle Waldo or whatever the cartoon was called.

Eric_Bee

Stunt Coordinator

A 15-episode best of Tennessee Tuxedo was issued on one DVD March 7. I ordered from DeepDDVD but have not received it yet.

saintsoozie

Auditioning
Real Name
Susan McCauley
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE OLD FLINTSTONE SPINN OFFS WITH THE FRANKENSTONES AND THE GRUESOMES AND SHMOO. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING TO BUY THEM FOR YEARS AND YOU CAN'T! I DON'T UNDERSTAND THESE COPYRIGHT LAWS. FINE IF THEY WANT THE LAWS, BUT THEN PROVIDE A PRODUCT FOR SALE!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks