What's new

Welcome to "Torchwood" (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So, does anyone know what was cut for commercials in the first episode?

Neil

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I didn't time the length the broadcast version. However when fast-forwarding though breaks I noticed they were much shorter than usual.

Today Episode 1 was added to On Demand with a running time listed as 52 minutes.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just started watching this, and after only watching the first episode, I'm liking it. I know there's a good deal of people who after watching all of season 1 episodes didn't find it pleasing. but I'm hoping I will be different, but usually agree with most people on here about other shows.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The writing is lazy and unimaginative but it is a nice diversion if nothing else is on.
It's no Heroes.

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
I watched all the episodes on YouTube a few months ago (I'm sure
before BBC shook the naughty finger at them). Pretty entertaining fair. Certainly not Shakespeare, but good for an hours diversion.

When you have watched all the episodes try and find clips from the
comedy show "Dead Ringers" (another BBC show) that does some spoofs
of the show & its characters - It is funny as heck and right on.

Cheers!

Dr. Joe

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I actually liked "Torchwood" much more than Mikel. Sure, some eps are not the best, but you can say the same thing about "Doctor Who".

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
Just watched "Cyberwoman" and all I can say is how do you say "woo boy, that s**ked!" in Welsh? It was awful. Every time Lianto started whining about his girlfriend, I wanted Jack to just shoot him. Barely three episodes into the series and they're already going for Cybermen AND running around in a dark place while being chased by something that doesn't exactly set records in the 40-yard dash.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Coming January 26th, huh? Is there any word on whether HD Net will be airing it as well?

I loved watching it in High Definition and uncensored!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Borders has a 40% coupon for yesterday and today, so I picked up the DVD set. I am a bit confused as to just what I bought and I was wondering if anyone here has taken a close look at the DVD set. I put in the first disc and saw that the time for Ep 1 was about 50 minutes. I put in the 6th disc and saw that the time for Ep 13 was about 46 minutes. I know we didn't have 50 minutes on BBCA for Ep 1, but we might have had 46 for Ep 13. I didn't look at any other episodes yet. Anyway, I was wondering whether the episodes on the discs are what was aired in the UK or are sometimes what was aired in the UK. There appear to be deleted scenes on each disc, which if the discs are mostly what was aired on BBCA might be the extra UK scenes. Anyway, if someone has taken the time to look at the set, I'd like to know more.

Thanks,

Neil

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Mind you, this is my unscientific observations, but I did download the first couple (up to about Cyberwoman) after they ran on the BBC and so far I havent noticed any cuts to the episodes.

Even more telling, there hasnt been any outcry on the OG forums - and if the show had been edited, someone would have noticed by now. I'll keep an eye out there tho and report back if I find anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks