What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/16 (2 Viewers)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Thinking seriously about picking up Soap for my mother she was a big fan and crushed when it was cancelled. She said something about the networks jerking her around by always canning the shows she likes.

Good to see the IMAX space set dropping in price.

Thanks Dave, and I didn't know you typed with your feet, but that's cool. Be unique. =)

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator

Did I miss a release date change? I thought The Adventures of Robin Hood was being released on September 30.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Just Soap and Pat Benetar here; good thing---I can't handle much more after the last few weeks of massive releases!! :D

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Yes a SLOW week let my wallet try to recover and get ready for the upcomin onslaught!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I asked this in last week's thread today as well, but it may well be "dead" so I thought I'd ask here too:

I was out of the country last week. Could anyone tell me if BJs or Costco have a good price for 24 S2 & or Sleeping Beauty?

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Nothing for me too. In fact, I really don't have any must buy items until 10/14. Good time to make a dent in that "unwatched" pile.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Did I miss a release date change?
No, I had the release dates for Holes and Robin Hood mixed up in my mind. Next week is bigger than I expected with Holes, Casper, Daddy Day Care (though Casper can wait, and Daddy Day Care is most likely just a rental).

Chris

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
My thoughts exactly, Jarrett! 9/30 is going to be a killer week. I'm looking at around 12-13 titles, and at least two of them are sets! Glad I have a week or two to save up....

- Bob P.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I think the BJs price for Sleeping Beauty was $17.99. WalMart still might have a lower price on it.

As for 24 S2, I'm not sure, but I think it was about $47 at BJs

Neil

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Unfortunately, all signs point to Monty Python as a simple repackaging with no new transfer, and without even so much as fixing the missing title card.
It comes with a script and a collectible film cel. I did get a kick out of the marketing sticker on it that said something like it "contains the actual Holy Grail - not really, but there's a lot of good stuff"

Regards,

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Bionicle 19.99 at both locations upon initial release. That's steep, I hope someone will review it soon to determine if it's worth while.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Anyone find Leap of Faith for a good price?
I got mine on street date for $9.63 at Wal-Mart!

I've purchased Soap at BB, and gotten Borders to hold Pat Benatar for me (steep at $24.99, but I'll grab some 20% off coupons from the Waldenbooks flyer before heading out there).

Grabbed Whole 9 Yards and PCU from BB's 2-for-$15 deal, and a couple of the new $5.99 titles from their bargain section.

I grabbed one of the free CBS Sneak Peek discs from Blockbuster...they seemed irritated I was just bopping through to get free stuff and not spend any money. Oh, well! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks