What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-26-2008 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Mike,

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm, but Alizee is a HUGE favorite of mine---I am really big on European pop music (UK, Germany, Sweden [I know, that's Scandanavia!], France) and was SHOCKED to see it in the Round-Up! Can't WAIT to see the whole thing!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Trust me when I say it isn't sarcasm, not even close lol.

The thread he cited is practically worshipping that girl, I know because i'm one of the worshipers.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Mike, how'd you get that animated GIF to sync up so well with the video?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Three Stooges Collection: Volume 3 :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Maybe Heroes on BD, but from the reviews & what I heard is Season 2 is not all that good. I liked Season 1, but haven't seen any of #2.

John Swarce

Second Unit
The Stooges V3 has arrived finally! My first pickup Tuesday. Wally World has been good getting these out on release day, so I will hit them first.

"Waiter, I'd like some water."
"Just turn on anything! You'll get it!"

I'm really wavering on the Heroes: Season 2 DVD set. I have Season 1 on HD DVD, so the BD version would go nicely with it, but the price for a 1/2 season is a bit off-putting. Maybe I will wait....anything on the BD version that is not on the standard DVD set?

Thanks as always for the round-up, Mike!

--John

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm interested in getting Heroes: Season 2, Legend of the Lone Ranger and Nightmare Before Christmas. I hope Wal-mart doesn't charge as much for Heroes as they did for Prison Break ($40), even $25 is a bit much for basically half a season of episodes. I'm thinking of just waiting for the prices to come down.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Speaking of Stooges I feel like one myself, I took a trip all the way to BB to pick up Friends season 4 only to find out when I got there that the sale doesn't start until tomorrow...DOH!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Happened into my local BJs Warehouse Club today and saw the following prices:

Hannah Montana: $18.99
Camp Rock: $16.99

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning: $14.99
What Happens in Begas: $16.19
Heroes - Season 2: $24.99 - $5 instant rebate = $19.99
Heroes - Season 2 (BD): $42.99
Nightmare Before Christmas SE: $24.99
Nightmare Before Christmas Ultimate Collector's DVD Set (very cool looking!): $107.99

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Hey Mike...where is Begas, exactly? We're looking for a new vacation spot and I've never heard of it. If I haven't, chances are the other tourists haven't either. :D

John Swarce

Second Unit
I underestimated the popularity of the Heroes BD set. Didn't go to any stores yesterday. Today I went to BB, CC and Target and they were all sold out. Got a rain check at Target for the sale price, but it's a pain to keep calling.

I did get the Stooges V3 though! Woo hoo!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

--John

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Tower.com has Dark City bluray down to $10.99 today. You need to bring the bill up to $25 to get free shipping. So I got Mission Impossible 3 on bluray for $16.99. $28 total, or I like to think of it as "$14 each".

Yay.

Here's the link to all of Tower's blurays:
http://www.tower.com/tower_search/se...20ray&div_id=3

Batman Begins on bluray is down to $15.86 but I'm waiting in the hope that the studio will release a nice Batman Begins & Batman Dark Knight box.

Clay_E

Second Unit
Has anybody had any trouble finding the Target-exclusive HEROES S2 set? I haven't been able to get to Target yet this week, and I'm hoping they're not all sold out by now....

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Will, thanks for the Dark City tip! (Strangely, it's been Unavailable at Amazon for a few days now.)

They also had a very nice price on the BD edition of Wild China ($22.99) to get over that $25 hump.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

John: I am not sure how many Target stores there are in your area, but if there's more than one, I suggest asking for someone in the store to do an "item location lookup". It shows availability of a specific item in other stores...you can do it by "stores within 20 miles" or check a specific city or state. Be aware, however, that the system does NOT update during the day (unless they changed it in the past two years), but it can give you help in locating a copy. And remember, your raincheck is good for 90 days. (Unless that changed!)

Eric,
Your informative former Target Team Member

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks