What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4/27/04 (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Yep nice to see this as well. Personally I think that there are more wrestling fans out there than we know. Sadly most people don't admit to watching/liking wrestling as its a "put down" industry and that most who are fans of the "sports entertainment industry" must somehow be lesser humans for being fans. I find that to be BS.

I have np admitting that I am a fan. I watch it every week (albeit its been mediocre as of late) and I have a rather extensive collection of wrestling videos and DVDs. It does not bother me to tell others I am fan. If you don't like it don't watch it and don't put down others that do.

Steps down from soapbox -- sorry

Back to roundup stuff.

Just came from WM and they had WMXX for $22.94 (yuck), ER Season 2 $44.99 (yuck), Ghost of the Abyss $19.62, Monster collections (the individual collections not the giftset) - $15.87 each.

Greg

Keith M.

Second Unit
Anyone actually recieved a shipping notice from either Amazon or DeepDiscountDvd for Monster Legacy Collection ?

I pre-ordered mine from DeepDiscountDVD and it now says BACKORDERED!!! :angry:

Has anyone successfully purchased this boxset yet??

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I went to Costco and: no legacy box sets, No Hammer box sets, Stuck on You is $17.79.

So off to best buy I went and picked up the monster set fo 59.99 I had to have them get me one from the back because all the one s put out had the wire security device that cuts into the box. If I am going to pay $60 I don't want my box damaged.

PM'd SbtB season 3 and 4 to CC for 29.99, and Stuck on You for $17.99

Bestbuy also had DVD season 4 for like $52.99, but the girl was nice enough to give it to me for $49.99 as the web sire listed. I guess I saved about $12 with the CC pm. I could of got the Monster set cheaper on line, but I wanted to pick this out my self and also get the instant Gratification.

I just wanted to say a few words about the great customer service I got at Best Buy. I know they get bashed quite a bit around here, but they are usually pretty good to me. Not to mention the reward zone points I racked up with my $170 spent today. Later, Randt B A

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, all!

Found some great deals at my local Wal-Mart today: Ghosts of the Abyss for $14.77, Love Actually for $14.83 and a Bruce Almighty/Liar Liar Collector's Edition 2-pack for around $19. I had already pre-ordered my Monster Legacy boxed set with Amazon/STL, and I don't remember the Wal-Mart prices on those titles.

I also picked up the National Geographic "Troy" special at Best Buy -- it had "movie cash" inside worth up to $6.50 off admission to the upcoming "Troy" movie, and I'm interested in the history/archeology of the Trojan War, so it seemed worth it.

Unfortunately, none of the five B&M stores I visited today had any of the Hammer Horror titles. :angry: A blue shirt at Best Buy looked them up and basically told me they would never have them in the store, that they would have to be ordered online. Sigh! Oh, well....at least they're only $13.36 at DDD.

Almost forgot! Best Buy (in Salem, NH) had Fat Man and Little Boy for only $9.99! Bonus! :D "Monster Club" (with Vincent Price, John Carradine and others) was only $9.99 there, as well.

All in all, quite a fun shopping day!

Happy hunting,

- Bob

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Anyone found the Legacy Collection at their local Costco? Now I'm worried -- I was planning on picking it up after work.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Even BestBuy.com is sold out of the Monster Legacy Collection.

I dont understand why I bothered pre-ordering, it doesnt even guarantee you a copy!!!!:angry:

I will give DeepDiscountDvd a week to get it in, otherwise, I will cancel my order and buy it at a B&M...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think Amazon had a message up on their listing for the collection last week that due to high demand, new preorders would not be fulfilled for a week after release date.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can also confirm DVD Season 4 at Best Buy is $52.99.

On the other hand, I saw both Fat Man & Little BOy and the Molly Maguires for $9.99 at BB today. And, Hound of the Baskervilles for just $10.99 Interesting development to see so many catalog titles not only in-stock...but at lower prices than the web site.

However, I also report I saw NONE of the WB horror titles today at BB. Lots of the Monster sets and individual legacy sets.

For me, (its good to have Tuesday doctor appointments not far from my local Best Buy) just Big Fish and the new Diana Krall CD (just $9,99 at BB!). I'm gonna be mad if a 2-disc SE of Big Fish is released soon!

Chris Sypal

Stunt Coordinator

Improved? You must have it pretty bad there as we don't have too much anymore. Just Best Buy, Target, and Wal-Mart (Circuit City closed down this year.)

There is Mega-Mart, but while they may have the cheapest price on major releases, I don't think the rebates are worth the trouble. And that is if they still have it in stock (the last couple times I tried to buy a new release title, they were out of stock on the widescreen and had tons of the full screen).

Christopher D

Second Unit
Hey, here are a couple of interesting ones.

Love Actually at Target:$15.99

Ghosts of the Abyss rang up at Best Buy as $14.99, even though it is listed in the ad at $19.99 and stickered at $27.99. Not quite sure how that happened, especially since the receipt shows "Baby Einstein: Baby Macdonald" as the title, but I'll take it and I bet that it is somehow in their system at that price -

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Christopher, Did you notice if the price tag on it was the scannable type?
This happened once for me at media Play, when I picked up a volume of Farscape, I believe it was 4.1, it had the price tag of a 17.99 anime title on it, it should have been 39.99. I didn't notice it until i checked the receipt when I got home....

Christopher D

Second Unit
It's one of those UPC stickers they put on the cellophane over the barcode on the actual package. Now that I look at it, it actually says "Be Baby Macdonald" up in the corner.

I obviously have no explanation for this but am not complaining.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. IIRC, I'm pretty sure I saw Fast Company at BB for $14.99. Strange day.

I tried to go to bb.com to check this out--since it had been listed at $24.99--but I couldn't get there. They tried to tell me my cookies were disabled. :rolleyes

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For anyone who's interested:

Finally got through at bestbuy.com.

Fast Company is listed at $14.99. There's some limited eidition that's $24.99. Don't know anything about it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Neither my Costco nor my Walmart had the Monster Legacy set, only the individual 2-disc sets. I have a couple more Walmarts I can check, then it's off to DDD or Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks