What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/15/05 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Reallly, Mike? I'll have to have some Martha's when I head up to Great Escape this summer. Hope it's as good as you're making it seem. Surprised I haven't heard of it, but since I've only been up here since October, I guess October-March isn't the peak time of year for ice cream talk in upstate NY. :) Unless, of course, you're inside typing on your computer.

And now to take another off topic (and fairly unusual) turn in this thread:

Guo, I'm just wondering if you could please phonetically(sp) spell out how your name is pronounced. We recently got an e-mail at the office from a client whose name was Guo and I've been wondering how it's pronounced, if you don't mind. Thanks.

How's that for off topic for you, Dave?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
"Guo" is pronounced GWOH with the "o" being softer like "orange." Now the real test would be for you to figure out "Xiong" :)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Best Buy didn't have it? Did you ask an associate to look it up? I had trouble finding it too. Turns out that it was labeled on the price sticker to be put in the Sci-Fi TV section, not Sci-Fi movie section. We found it next to all the Star Trek TV series.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, Guo. Appreciate it. That's what I was thinking it was but I wasn't sure. As for Xiong, I'm not even going to attempt that one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks