What's new

Weekly Roundup 12/9 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I picked up both new discs for Power Rangers Ninja Storm at Wal-Mart, who was price-competing at $14.24 each. Lizzie McGuire was also $14.24 each, on sale. The 2 Recess releases were $14.74 each, everyday price. There's a big display of all 6 Disney KidVid TV releases. Oh, Firefly was there for $34.18, and MASH for $28.48.

I also grabbed several things out of the new "bargain bin - priced as marked" (which I assume will eventually replace the $5.88 bin...but hasn't yet). For $7.50 each I nabbed X-Men Evolution #'s 1 & 3 for me/my son, Oh God! as a gift, and thought about the Powerpuff Girls movie but then recalled that it isn't OAR.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Thanks for the round up Dave. Just curious, how many dvd's do you have?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Wow David, im not even at 300 yet !:D Im guessing for you to reach that number,since dvd was released, you probably bought around 15 to 20 dvds a week to reach that number now.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
3000 discs? Have you actually watched them all? I have less than 200 and haven't had time to watch all mine. Do you have them all in one place? Any pics? Is your collection posted online somewhere (DVDprofiler or other site?)

Sounds like an impressive collection, dude.

Thanks for the update each week, BTW. It's a must visit before I head to the stores!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Thank you, Dave, for making me feel less naughty about the size of my own collection. Whew!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad everyone's so happy that I'm so decadant! :D

Patrick, you didn't finish! Costco prices:

$36.99 Buffy Season 5
$31.99 Firefly
$25.99 M*A*S*H Season 5
$12.29 (each) Lizze McGuire #1 and #2
$11.99 Dirty Dancing - Ult. Ed.
$17.79 Gigli
$15.99 2-pack of LeapFrog educational DVDs (also new this week, but skipped on the Roundup)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Andrea:

Bundled together side-by-side in a cheap cardboard rig. They list price separately for $14.98 each, so getting both for $15.99 is quite the deal.

It's a video-ized version of the LeapPad learning toy, obviously:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Considering that they were created specifically for the DVD market, then whatever AR they are in is the OAR! :p)

johnbud

Auditioning
I got Buffy S5 last night at Strawberries. The sale price is $39.99, however there is a $10 mail-in rebate so it only comes to $29.99 plus tax. I have not seen a better price than that. I believe the sale ends today (Wed. Dec 10) so hurry if you want it.

FYI - I used this rebate process for The Italian Job and it was simple. They give you an extra receipt and you send that with proof of purchase. You then receive an email confirmation regarding the rebate. I think it took about 6 weeks to get it.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
As may have been previously mentioned (was on another forum for sure) CC has pretty good deal on HBO DVDs right now

Buy 2 get $20 off
Buy 3 get $40 off
Buy 4 get $60 off

It appears (looking at the ad) you can mix and match as well.

Sex and the City is listed at $39.99 in the ad but $34.99 on their site. If you can get all for seasons for $34.99 each than you could get all 4 seasons for $79.99 --- thats $19.99 a season roughly.

Another way to mix it up would be 3 sets of SATC @ $34.99ea and then BOB for $79.99. This would net you SATC and BOB for about $125. Not bad if you ask me.

Eligible products are SATC(any season), Sopranos(any season), BOB, Oz(any season). I am not sure about something like SFU though since its not listed in the ad.

Greg

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Went to Walmart with a Fry's ad ($39.99) for Buffy S5, but it was only good through Tues. and they wouldn't take it. I really didn't want to buy it there anyways because it had one of those frelling wire wrap security setups tearing into the box. I called Fry's and it is $38.98 at the Irving, TX store so I'm going to pick it up after work.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Okay, the ebay auction I was trying to win fall through, giving me enough money to buy Buffy fifth season after all. And heck, even so it not nearly as good, I was able to get the movie for free (thanks Dave for posting that deal). And yes, I have seen it, it not as good as the show, but it still fun to watch. :D Now I just must find out what episode from these two seasons are connected?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
By the way, I checked at Circuit City for the "early" Dawson's Creek - S2. They had a sign posted by their doors proclaiming that the item had a manufacturer-enforced hold placed on the item, and wouldn't be available until next week (the 16th).

Playing dumb and asking the manager "where is this item in your sales flyer?" resulting in him telling me that they were pulled and stored in the back until next week because of the studio, and when I asked if the same sale price would be on it next week he replied "yes, I'm sure it would be". We'll see! :)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Well, I wasn't going to buy anything this week. Until I walked into a B&M down the street tonight (just for kicks, as usual -- I generally have much trouble buying from this overpriced retail chain) and found "M*A*S*H" season 5 sitting on the New Release shelf a week early, sale price of $22.99 and all. Couldn't pass that one up. This is the same place that sold me "Married with Children" season 1 a week early and almost sold me "Three's Company" a week in advance as well. The staff must not know how to read dates well.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
*Knock* *Knock* *Knock* HEY, MCFLY!!!

M*A*S*H Season 5's release date was yesterday! :D

That's a great price, though...who was it?

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
You guys don't diss on LeapFrog, man : ) My 2 year old hates the actual Leap Frog but has watched the DVD more than a dozen times since yesterday!! If that isn't a reason to go DVD, I don't know what is.

BTW- Target had them individually for $9.99 here in Longview, while TRU had them at $14.98!!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks