What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-22-2015 & 12-29-2015 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:
I decided to try the pre-order deal at Target for The Martian, too.

I've never ordered from Target on-line before. I assumed I would go pick up the disc in store, but it said that option was not available and it will be shipped to me.

Can anyone tell me if they usually get the releases to you close to (or on) release date?

I also ordered SPECTRE, too (for a $5 Target Giftcard). There's no release date yet for that one.

I had two Target Gift Cards to use. This is a clever gambit on Target's part to eat into what otherwise would have been pretty likely Amazon orders.
You should get it Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:

I've never ordered from Target on-line before. I assumed I would go pick up the disc in store, but it said that option was not available and it will be shipped to me.

Can anyone tell me if they usually get the releases to you close to (or on) release date?

I also ordered SPECTRE, too (for a $5 Target Giftcard). There's no release date yet for that one.

I had two Target Gift Cards to use. This is a clever gambit on Target's part to eat into what otherwise would have been pretty likely Amazon orders.

It's hit or miss. My 2 times once it came Monday and the other time Wed, but others haven;t been as lucky though I think 5-7 days is the latest I've heard -- it seems to be getting better.

You'll initially get a Preauth for waht the total charge is. When it ships you'll get 2 separate charges -- the GC and BD-GC that will add up to the total and they'll come separately. The one thing that doesn't seem to work will is the Preorder Price guarantee. If the item ships prior to the price online changing to release day price then almost always you'll get charged the price you ordered and most oftne Target.com doesn't change the prior until the item goes live. Sometimes you'll get an automated refund later, sometimes you have to call and push the refund

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
From the Christmas Day Best Buy flyer:

gallery_286742_24_71010.jpg

For anyone not sure, the titles shown are: Lucy, Dumb & Dumber To, Trainwreck, A Million Ways to Die in the West, The Theory of Everything.

That's the only movie/TV listing in the ad.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Mike Frezon said:
The price above on MI: Rogue Nation at Best Buy is spectacular. It beats the $16.99 price I got on an Amazon pre-order!

Merry Christmas Mike!! I was a bit disappointed to see the BBY price so soon, but Amazon sent me an email saying they were giving me a $3 credit so all's good.

Happy New Year.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
We definitely appreciate the effort, Mike! Whatever you can give us is better than what we otherwise would have had.

I went to Best Buy today to take advantage of the great deal on the new Mission: Impossible. The mall was an absolute madhouse, as I should have anticipated.

I was hoping to pick up a used copy of the Love Actually Blu-Ray, but FYE was completely sold out.

At Best Buy, I was hoping to get Dial M for Murder at $12.99 as part of the 3D Blu-Ray sale, but it looks like Best Buy only stocks it for its website.

Even the new Mission: Impossible was tricky to get; the Albany store use the display as part of the wall that extended the line to the registers, so they only way you could grab a copy was by first standing in line.

But I got the Steelbook Blu for $14.99, so I'm a happy camper.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:

Mike,

I got the shipping notice for my copy The Martian from Target so I should have it by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not me. Haven't heard anything yet.

I've been wondering about this since I saw The Martian was due up this week as I've been putting together the 1-12-16 RoundUp.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
Is that part of a sale on comedies?

:biggrin:

Mike Frezon said:
Not me. Haven't heard anything yet.

I've been wondering about this since I saw The Martian was due up this week as I've been putting together the 1-12-16 RoundUp.

Still no shipping notice from Target. in fact, I got this e-mail from Target today:

Not sure what that's all about...

I also got this e-mail today from Target. I had pre-ordered SPECTRE the same day from them:

You don't suppose Target won't be sending me The Martian until September, do ya?!?
confused-smiley-004.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Mike,

Did you have both titles on the same order?

Huh.

I had to go check as I couldn't remember.

I logged onto Target.com. There was no record of an order in my account.

I looked at the two Target e-mails I got today. The order number was the same.

So, I copied the order number into the Order# search field. It says no such order exists.

I'm confused.

But the fact that the two e-mails today (about The Martian and SPECTRE) have the same order number make me think that they were on the same order. But I am confused about why i cannot see an order on Target.com.

In fact, the e-mails have clickable links for the order and they still say "Invalid Order Number."

confused-smiley-013.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I got my answer today in the form of another e-mail from Target.

hello Mike,

We wanted to let you know that item(s) from order (Order # https://www-secure.target.com/GetOrderDetails?orderId=102937223696xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) placed on 12/22/2015 have shipped. If your order contains more than one item, it may ship in multiple packages—check the details below. You are not charged for items until they ship.

Thanks for shopping at Target.

Team Target

grey.jpg

The following item(s) were shipped to this address:

Mike Frezon, xxxxxxxxxxx, Rensselaer, NY, 12144

shipped on 01/12/2016

quantity

shipping method

estimated arrival
price

grey.jpg

The Martian (Blu-Ray/Digital)

Standard

01/18/2016 - 01/20/2016
$22.99
Unit Price:$22.99

So, I guess it's on the way.

But then there's this other part of the e-mail. Keep in mind that I will also be receiving a $10 Target giftcard with the pre-order deal:

leftnew7.jpg

shipment summary.

leftnew7.jpg

leftnew7.jpg

subtotal:
$22.99

leftnew7.jpg

promotion discounts:
-$11.15

leftnew7.jpg

shipping:
$4.00

leftnew7.jpg

REDcard shipping discount:
-$4.00

leftnew7.jpg

Handling Fee:
$0.00

leftnew7.jpg

Handling Discount:
$0.00

leftnew7.jpg

estimated taxes:
$0.71

leftnew7.jpg

other charges:
$0.00

leftnew7.jpg

other discounts:
-$3.00

leftnew7.jpg

leftnew7.jpg

your price: $9.55

leftnew7.jpg

total savings: -$18.15 (66%)

I cannot explain that final price at all. I thought I would be getting the disc for $22.99 without any S&H costs and the additional 5% savings provided by using my Target RedCard. I remember now using a $25 Target giftcard when I paid for my order. So maybe that's got something to do with the $11.15 "promotional discount." If I could see something in my Target "account," maybe I'd know. But "promotional discount" doesn't sound right.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target has been sending me their gift cards in a separate letter. Today, I received The Martian BD and I expect to receive the $10 gift card later this week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I received The Martian Blu-ray yesterday from Target.com. And I have since gotten a shipping notice that they have sent the $10 giftcard.

Not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks