What's new

Weekly RoundUp 12-2-2008 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Heck...even worse than a stinkin' typo, I forgot to include details of a Best Buy deal on some Blu-ray discs. I have added it in blue text in the OP.

Sorry for the oversight.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks for the Roundup!

If last Friday wasn't already bad enough on the pocket book....

The Day the Earth Stood Still (BD), Wanted (BD), Narnia (BD), Casablanca (BD), & The X-Files: Fight the Future (DB)

phew....

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

The reason for that disclaimer is that Target.com's Book/Music/Movies are serviced through Amazon.com and the prices don't always match. Glad you got the deal, though!

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Thanks Captain Tuesday, I mean Mike.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

There was a coupon ($3 off IRRC) for Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian in my copy (of the 1-disc version) of Wall-E.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Forty bucks for Casablanca? What - is it a solid gold DVD or something? Does it come with Bogart doing live commentary in your living room?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
RE: Casablanca at Target---the packaging is confusing as to what is the "exclusive" part. The sticker on the cover mentions the Party Supplies (or something like that) and the back cover shows and describes the accessories (it shows place card settings, etc.). Not sure how much of this is (or is not) included in other retailers copies.

RE: Perry Mason---Target's price is $39.99, but more bothersome is the packaging change from slipcover boxes to the translucent case. Bummer!!!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
What's up with The Day The Earth Stood Still on Blu-ray? I went to Best Buy, Circuit City and Target over lunch and nobody had it in stock. To be fair, I really didn't expect Circuit City to have it and knew that Target would be a crap-shoot. After I pointed out the ad for the Blu-ray version in this week's circular, the BB droid I showed it to told me they did not have any copies in their system. I asked why does BB bother to advertise it at all if they don't plan on carrying it and she said, "I don't know... but do you want it on DVD? I think we have that."

Out of frustration, I checked the BB web site to see if I could order it online and do a store pickup. After entering my zip code, not one of the six stores in the state within 150 miles shows it as being available. I ended up saving $9 dollars and ordering at from Amazon. Some days, instant gratification just isn't worth the hassle...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The Target Casablanca set adds some metal name card holders to the UCE so you can reserve your dinner table just like the ones at Rick's American Cafe, I guess.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Target had some other low low prices on multi-disc sets. For instance, they have an exclusive bundle box of the Fox "Western Classics" 3-title set and the "Michael Shayne Mysteries" 4-title set for a total of $12.99. I would have paid that just for "The Gunfighter".

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks