What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/11 ...I'M BACK! (1 Viewer)

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Oh man! was sooo planning on watching Once upon a time in the west tomorrow night.
But right you are Dave! Next week.

-miles

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
You've earned a "light" roundup, Dave! We've had some mega-Tuesdays lately...and more to come! :)

Thanks for the weekly roundup.

(T3 and Three's Company for me this week!)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Lane, I'm not surprised. :frowning:

Just hit my local 24-hour Wal-Mart on the way into work. Grabbed T3: RotM for $15.18, 3's Co - S1 for $12.34, KotH-S2 for $34.18, Scrooge (Albert Finney) and Blue's Clues: Blue's First Holiday off their now-erected Christmas display for $13.24 each, and a Cyberhome 300 DVD Player (which is capable of multi-region play from the remote and has built-in PAL-to-NTSC conversion) for $43.86!

Don't forget, Wal-Mart DVD prices vary from store-to-store. But that DVD Player price ought to be good at any of them! :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Yeah talk about Wally World prices varying greatly, sheesh.

My local WM, which is always very competitve on the pricing, was $19.77 for T3 :eek: !!

What a bummer. They still had LB2 for $16 and Nemo for $14.87 though.

Oh well off to CC & BB later today.

Greg

**FYI WM did have Andromeda: The First Season for $44 so that was a winner!! (and please don't anyone bash me because I like the show, thanks)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David, in fact last time i was at one of my local wal marts,theres like 3 different ones within a 10 mile radius lol !, thats the everyday price they had for the player. Ok, time to log off and pickup my 3s company dvd .Itll be tough though this holiday season, not to buy a spare cyberhome 300, for that price. :D As if i didnt have enough to buy already , lol !:)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dave for your roundup. Without it I wouldn't know what was coming out as I,well, don't pay much attention.

Is T3 good enough to buy site unseen. I've seen 1 & 2 (don't own either)
Maybe I should wait for a box set ??

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

If you paid for the dvd at the cashier located in video you would have paid $15.99 or less for it.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
If you paid for the dvd at the cashier located in video you would have paid $15.99 or less for it.
I wish this had been the case. I had them scan it thinking the same thing and it still came up as $19.77. I should have brought one of my ads with me for CC or BB at least I could have gotten them to PM. No big deal though as I need to get to BB for the T3/Pumping Iron deal and use some Best Buy bucks as well. I was just hoping to get the copy that's for me for a little less.

Greg

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor

Terminator is released by MGM
T2 is released by Artisan
T3 is released by Warner Brothers.

I doubt there will be a box set with all three.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I think your local Wal-mart management screwed up then because I'm pretty sure Wal-mart in the rest of the country was the low price leader on that title.

Crawdaddy

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Wal-Mart does not have "national" prices. See one of the prior discussions on this issue or the bullet point in Dave's disclaimers in the Round-Up. They set prices according to local competition surrounding each individual store. If there's no competition, there's no need for them to sell so low.

Release day price for "Finding Nemo" in my local WM was $19.44. At the WM 40 miles away, and next to a Best Buy, I'm sure they were $14.xx. (I ended up getting mine at BJ's for $14.95.)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Malcolm -- excellent point.

I can confirm this is a well.

Last week Finding Nemo

Wal-Mart Next to my office (CC 2 minutes away) - $14.87
Wal-Mart near my house (no CC or BB within 20 minutes) - $17.87
Wal-Mart 30 minutes from my house in the "well to do area of town" - next door to a BB -- $13.87
Wal-Mart in a very rural area with no BB or CC within 1 hour of it - $19.87

All these are in my town Richmond, VA so it is VERY MUCH a locality thing. Annoying as hell but that's life ya know.

Greg

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Picked up Three's Company for 12.99 at CostCo; also got Sheryl Crow's best of deluxe set (one with the DVD) for 16.99. Great price on the latter - the lowest I could find elsewhere was 21.99 at Border's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks