What's new

Weekly Roundup 1/4/05 (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Definitely White Castle this week...

But the only way I'm ponying up for Troy is if they included the original score by Gabriel Yared, which I highly doubt they did (though I'm going to search the web to see if I can find specs for the DVD)...

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Unusually light for a first Tuesday. Good thing. :) Just Harold and Kumar, though I might spring for Troy if BB still has any bonus discs.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
thanks Patrick,
just wanted to let anyone insterested in "fast times at richmond high" for $10 at target.. I just came back from there and all they had was the fullscreen version.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
i should buy Harold & Kumar just for the name, but i'll have to rent first :)

Just picked up Troy at BB with the bonus disc. Watching it tonite

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I needed to catch up on a few titles. I picked up Spider-man 2 (WS) at Costco. It was marked $18.99 but it rang up automatically with $5 off, for $13.99.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
At my workplace, we have a Korean guy named Howard and an Indian guy named Kumar (and we're all friends), so for the longest time we all kept calling it "Howard and Kumar..."

Except Kumar's a vegetarian ;)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Attn: anyone considering Las Vegas S1:
According to a thread in the TV on DVD forum, the original theme has been replaced on every episode (except the pilot). Just a head's up, in case that'll affect anyone's buying decision on it.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
My local Costco had The Iron Giant: Special Edition for $8.99. I just finished watching the movie (the first time in a while) and the extras (I plan on listening to the commentary soon) and think it's a steal at that price.

Just a heads up for all you Costco members.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to head back there today.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
What's on the BB bonus disc for Eternal Sunshine? Is it worth a trip to BB?

For anyone who's on the fence, I should have reviews up for Little Black Book, Riding Giants, and Augustus sometime in the next few days. (Little Black Book should be up tonight, as I watched it yesterday. In the words of my trusty sidekick Lucy, "Why did they send you a movie like that to review? It's for women." ;) ) I *might* also be reviewing Forever Knight Part 2, but I don't know yet whether Sony will be sending it to me. (There was a logistical mixup when I began reviewing, so I got a huge stack of screeners all together at the last minute. That's why these reviews are a little late. Sorry!)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Picked up The Iron Giant (Special Edition) at Costco for $8.99. Thanks, Marc!

Also found Star Trek Generations (Special Collector's Edition) there for $11.99.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member

I don't think it's a Best Buy exclusive.

I belive it's just the second disc of the SE. There's a book as well. I think the original post may have noted Best Buy because of the price. If this is wrong please correct because if I'm going to double dip I do want to get the most for the $. The set I got has no attached BB Bonus disc envelope.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
The BB bonus disc for Troy actually wasn't that bad.

About 15 minutes of commentary from some of the actors, writer, director and some behind the scenes footage.

I've seen alot worse, that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks