What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1/13 (Dave's Excellent Vacation Continues) (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Great job Mike. Thanks.

One question: you have HR Pufnstuf listed. I thought this didn't come out until early February and a quick check of Amazon and DDD confirmed this. Has something changed? I noticed it wasn't in my Best Buy ad this morning.

Steve

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My fault again. Release data is 2/10. This week's date is the order due date. I input that wrong date at TVShowsOnDVD, and that is why I told Mike to include it...because I checked the TVShowsOnDVD listing for this week and it was on there. My bad...again! :frowning:

Mike, the good news is that the TMNT titles should be on this week's list, for sure. One e-tailer says the 20th, but I just checked the studio's list and they definately say the 13th. That's the only other questionable one, I think.

Sorry for the screw-ups here, folks! Mike was depending on me for stuff, and I let him (and y'all) down. :b

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Mike/Dave, no biggie on the Bulletproof Monk issue. I just thought maybe I had missed something about some new version or what-not.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
No biggie on the Pufnstuf issue either! Release dates change all the time and I thought I might have missed this one.

Please don't think any of us are complaining. Dave and now Mike do the other members of this forum a great and much appreciated service with the "Roundup" feature!

Steve

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All right, Dave! You're supposed to be on vacation! Now go....rest, or something! :D

Phew! This RoundUp stuff ain't easy! Bulletproof Pufnstufs, release dates that really aren't release dates, web sites that don't work when you want 'em to. Well, at least the pay is good. Hey Dave, when did you say that check would be in the mail??? :laugh:

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator
I thought that Family Business ( Showtime Series ) was coming out this week. I figured that BB would have it as a loss leader since they also sell Playboy stuff.
Can someone please advise?
Thank you

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mark: Family Business is available HERE at BestBuy.com. The price is $36.99

It says it was released last Tuesday. You could order it on BB.com and do an in-store pick-up if your local store doesn't have any in-stock.

Its rated NC-17. The cover looks...er...provocative. :D

================================================== ====

On another topic: there are lots of good titles on this week's price-drops. Among them "The Straight Story". That might be one worth picking up soon.

Don*K

Stunt Coordinator
Sam's Club had Season 2 of Alias for $38.88 today, but no season 1:frowning: One of the better prices I've seen.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Picking up some oldies: Jaws at CC for $7.99, and then over to Costco to break in the new card for The Game @$8.99 (and to think I nearly put through that Amazon order for $12.99!)

-paul

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I was hoping that bestbuy or CC would offer a discount for Freddy vs. Jason in conjunction with the two Jason movies from Newline. Instead they tied it in with the Freddy box set. Jason just gets no love.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Thats an incredible deal on Green Acres/Mr. Ed from Best Buy. I was only going to get Green Acres but for only $9.00 more than I was expecting to pay for Green Acres I'll give Mr. Ed a shot. I just hope Best Buy carries enough copies of these titles.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just be aware that the "Mr. Ed" release is a best-of, not a season box set.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah but its very unlikely that there ever will be a Season box set of Mr. Ed since sales on this show are not going to be "through the roof". So sales have to be good enough on this set just to get a Best of Vol 2. At this price I'm not crying about the Best of. If it was above $20.00 I would pass but for $15.49 bring it on.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My wife ran to Wal-Mart for me this morning (I was running late after last night's HTF chat made me sleep past the alarm). She doesn't recall the EXACT prices in every case, but she grabbed Curb Your Enthusiasm for $21-ish(!), Freddy Vs. Jason for $15.18, Spidey for $18.9x, the two TMNT releases for under $14.50, and a Powerpuff Girls video from the $5.50 bin that we didn't have yet ("Mane Event"). Not bad. All of these are sitting at home, along with the receipt with the exact prices, waiting for me to get to them. I'm heading to Costco later for the Lost In Space deal. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if Best Buy will match online prices? I know they wont match amazon.com but will they match a printout from Wal-Mart? Wal-Mart has Lost in Space Season 1 advertised for $55.87 as opposed to $59.99 at Best Buy but all I have is a printout from walmart.com.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Just got back from Costco where I picked up "Curb" for $25.99. I decided to use my $5 coupon at Best Buy for "Smallville" which is already on sale for $37.99.

Once I got there, I couldn't resist the "Mr. Ed/Green Acres" deal. In one day, I bought more TV episodes than I watch in 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks