What's new

USB ports on PS2? (1 Viewer)

Ike

Screenwriter
What do the USB ports on the PS2 do, exactly? Could, say, I hook a cable modem up to it? Would I be able to use my PC steering wheels with them?
Thanks.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Mice, keyboards, steering wheels, modems, cameras, whatever you want as long as the software supports it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The Logitech wheel for PC works with Gran Turismo 3 so you don't need to buy the PS2 version. Some games let you use a mouse and keyboard, so you don't need to purchase an official set. THPS3 supports USB cable modems, so you can use those.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
THPS3 supports USB cable modems, so you can use those.
No, if you have a cable modem or DSL router, you use the one you already have. THPS3 can use a USB ethernet adaptor in conjunction with this. It also can use a USB modem for direct dial. But it does not use a "USB Cable Modem".

Ike

Screenwriter
I tried hooking up a Thrustmaster Nascar Digital Racing wheel, but it didn't recognize it. Do I have to do something in the menus, or something?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I meant that you can use the USB ports to connect to a cable modem instead of having to buy the PS2 adapter. I'm not saying you could go directly to the modem using the USB, but you can get to it through them (however thats done, I'm not exactly trying to be specific).
What game are you using the wheel on? GT3 works with the Logitech wheel (its the GT3 PS2 wheel without the GT3 logo, AFAIK) but thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks