What's new

"Two" DDD Coupons - 20% OFF! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Some info that may or may not be helpful to those with orders still "In Process":

I called DDD today to ask why my Once Upon a Time in America was cancelled. The gal, who sounded bored and harried at the same time, said it was because they were out of stock and would not be getting any more for the forseeable future. Odd, but oh well. I didn't get charged for it.

So then I asked her about my second order, which was the A-Quad (that's my phrase; I copyrighted it) by itself. She said that it had shipped earlier today, yet my Order Status still had it as "In Process". She informed me that "lots of the Alien set shipped today. Lots."

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
I've found DDD to always be a bit slow with their confirmation/update e-mails. A few times I've ordered from them and received the package before the e-mail! I wouldn't be too worried about it. I think my credit card busted a hernia:

Alien Quadrilogy
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Dolemite Collection (awwww yeah!)
Trigun Boxset
Christmas Story
Family Guy #2
plus all the MST3K DVDs I could find :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Got this email in regard to my cancelled Once Upon a Time in America DVD:

Is this title OOP? I stopped over at BB tonight and they didn't have any either! 400 Once Upon a Time in the Wests...but none in America! I KNEW I shoulda bought this one earlier!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Is this title OOP? I stopped over at BB tonight and they didn't have any either!
If it is, I'm going to be monumentally pissed! It's been out less than 6 months and the only reasons I can think of for dropping it is because of some mistake, like maybe the insanely stupid cut from disc one to disc 2, or maybe the fact that it has virtually no extras though it has roughly 6 GB of unused space. Do I smell a re-issue?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
That could be the case, John. I'm gonna check in the Software Forum and see if anyone's noticed this. I just got off the phone with WB customer serivce. The woman there was A) wholly unfamiliar with the title and B) could not locate it in her computer system AT ALL. But she was polite at least.

I was like "Hmm, well I KNOW it was a WB release!"

She breathed through her mouth at me. ;)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
According to the software forum, Once Upon a Time in America in being re-released udner a new SKU, which may have caused it to incorrectly show up OOP some places.

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
I know ddd is very buisy with there sale, but they totally hosed my order. I ordered pirates and a couple of older titles, and the charge in the cart was 14.37 (which actually isnt even 20% off but i didnt care)for pirates. Then they charged me 15.31 for it, and added an alien quadriliogy to my order for 58 something, which i didnt even order!... so i end up paying more for pirates than i could have here locally last week, plus bother with the hassle of returning alien quad and getting my card credited back.. thanks DDD! In the future I'll stick with local stores for new releases.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I got everything I ordered, except for the few things that were backordered, of course, and there were no problems and everything arrived in a timely manner (I paid extra shipping for quicker service...I'm like that).

So far, and depending on how the backordered stuff goes, it's been a satisfactory introduction to DDD for me...they'll be hearing from me again on occassion!

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I've gotten everything but my backordered Bean set, and that's all I got hung up on with over 30 DVD purchases from this sale, and I used free shipping. Gotta love it!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Should I be worried?
My account status on DDD says Alien Q is in progress.
Alias 2 in backorder.

Checked my wellsfargo account online today and the "$95 and change" that was marked for DDD and labeled "pending" is not there anymore after being there since I ordered last Tuesday 12-2.

This talk about canceled orders scares me...

Well I still haven't received my orders. Saw that my A Q was shipped the 8th. That's not whats bugging me this time.
Now my Wells Fargo account now has a new DDD "pending" charge of $36.28 to my account. I'm not sure what the "f" this is since they charged the $95 already that included A Q and Alias 2 but has since disappeared. Now if A Q has shipped, I would assume that the charge would be 58 for the Aliens Q that has shipped but it's not. Alias came to about 36, but that's on backorder. Don't know why they would charge that again if its not even shipped.

I'm not liking any of this. I can hanlde the wait to receive these items. I don't like this "fuzzy accounting" that they're doing.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Today, I received everything I ordered--

SECRET AGENT Mega-Set
OUTER LIMITS: SEASON 2
BARBARELLA
MUPPETS MAGIC FROM THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW

--in fine shape, except CARNIVAL OF SOULS (Criterion), which was back-ordered. However, I was notified that even that title was just shipped out to me a day or so ago, so it'll be in my hands in a week or less. And my credit card was reimbursed for that overcharge I mentioned earlier, so all is well.

All hail DEEP DISCOUNT DVD! :) :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
...it's been a satisfactory introduction to DDD for me.
Your first order through DDD, David L.??? :eek:

I can hardly believe this, given the number of titles you currently possess.

Do you normally like to go the "B&M" route, vs. the E-tailers?

I, for one, am totally attached at the hip to DeepDiscountDVD. Always the lowest prices on my purchases (well, 95% of the time anyway), plus ever-present FREE Shipping. :D

Life without 'Triple-D' is life without...breath. :D

I just hope to God that Amazon, or some other huge entity, doesn't swallow them up some day.

"The right to FREE Shipping 24/7 must be maintained...to the death!" -- Albert Gore; Internet Inventor; June 2000; While on the stump. :laugh:

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Not likely - in fact, DDD's parent company just recently bought DVD Planet from Image
Yes, and DVD Planet's customer service has not been close to the same since!

I use to get my orders within 3 days of placing the order. Now they ship from a different state, and it takes almost 2 weeks!

:thumbsdown:

Tom B

Grip
On top of DDD's low prices, I save close to 9% on sales tax. It may not sound like much, but if you factor in the craziness for the 20% off coupons plus sales tax savings, I saved 29% off already low prices vs B&M. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Without the 20% DDD is still my first choice for most DVDs.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I got confirmation that my 2nd & 3rd orders shipped in their entirety yesterday with the exception of one backordered item (Lone Wolf & Cub: Baby Cart at the River Styx--12.95). I received my first order rather quickly (Real Genius--15.xx, Amazing Adventure--4.74, and the Warners Legend Collection, which showed up in my cart for 41.xx, but on my invoice I was only charged 32.xx; not sure how that happened), but paid for expedited shipping on that. On their way to me now are the Scarface box set--37.xx, Throne of Blood CC--23.00, The Man Who Laughs--16.17, and The Navigator--14.xx and The Three Ages--13.xx. These last two are the last two I need to complete the Art of Buster Keaton box set. I'd been finding the others at a used place locally for $5 apiece, so I've really made out on that.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should I be worried?
My account status on DDD says Alien Q is in progress.
Alias 2 in backorder.

Checked my wellsfargo account online today and the "$95 and change" that was marked for DDD and labeled "pending" is not there anymore after being there since I ordered last Tuesday 12-2.

This talk about canceled orders scares me...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I still haven't received my orders. Saw that my A Q was shipped the 8th. That's not whats bugging me this time.
Now my Wells Fargo account now has a new DDD "pending" charge of $36.28 to my account. I'm not sure what the "f" this is since they charged the $95 already that included A Q and Alias 2 but has since disappeared. Now if A Q has shipped, I would assume that the charge would be 58 for the Aliens Q that has shipped but it's not. Alias came to about 36, but that's on backorder. Don't know why they would charge that again if its not even shipped.

I'm not liking any of this. I can hanlde the wait to receive these items. I don't like this "fuzzy accounting" that they're doing.
have you called them or tried to contact them?

they won't know of a mistake if you don't.

* DeepDiscountDVD
1-800-264-5076
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks