What's new
World Wide Stereo

"Two" DDD Coupons - 20% OFF! (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Dane ... just curious: Did DDD "upgrade" your S&H to UPS Ground for FREE? Or did you pay for "2-Day S&H"?
I paid for the 2-day shipping. I ordered it at about the stroke of midnight on Sunday the weekend after Thanksgiving. It arrived Tuesday morning. Sounds like a good deal you got, David!

728x90

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I paid for the 2-day shipping. I ordered it at about the stroke of midnight on Sunday the weekend after Thanksgiving. It arrived Tuesday morning. Sounds like a good deal you got, David!
OK, thanks Dane. :)

Yeah...I guess I did make out like a bandit on that one.
24 items of a 25-item order shipped via UPS for free in near-record time. Hard to find anything to gripe about on that one. :D

(Not one bad ("floating") disc either. Nice. :))

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
I managed to grab these a few days ago:

FAMILY GUY-V.02 1 $29.27
BACK TO THE FUTURE-COMPLETE TRILOGY (WID 1 $23.99
SIMPSONS COMPLETE 3RD SEASON 1 $27.12
DIE HARD: ULTIMATE COLLECTION 1 $40.99
SAVING PRIVATE RYAN (DTS) 1 $11.52
SOUTH PARK-2ND COMPLETE SEASON 1 $27.60
BLACK HAWK DOWN (DE)(3D) 1 $23.88

All of them are back-ordered. However, I am in no hurry, especially considering the deals I got on them. :)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I emailed my mother this coupon deal, details on the two Hitchcock box sets, COMPLETE instructions on how to take part in the deal on Thanksgiving, and she agreed this would make a great Christmas gift...

Then today emails me and asks why the coupons aren't working.

AAAAARRRRRGH. I empathize with Charlie Brown, suddenly.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone gotten an actual response from their email customer service? My order seems to have vanished into the ether (it doesn't show up on their Order Status page and I received only the first email, not the confirmation one), and I've gotten nothing back on my inquiry.

A real bummer...:frowning:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Douglas - I think earlier in the thread someone mentioned that this is only about the second such instance of DDD having a discount code of this magnitude since they began.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Since I didn't have enough spare funds to take advantage of multiple DDD coupon codes, I could only manage one order:

SECRET AGENT Mega-Set (13 discs)
THE OUTER LIMITS: SEASON 2
CARNIVAL OF SOULS (Criterion)
BARBARELLA
MUPPETS MAGIC FROM THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW

Normal DDD total: $209.22
Discounted DDD total: $167.35

Got a bit of a scare-- my DDD shopping cart and "inital order confirmation" reflected the sale prices, while a second order confirmation (and subsequent "items shipped" notice) stated that my credit card was charged the normal, non-sale prices (!!!). I sent a polite-but-firm e-mail to customer service, with the two "order confirmation" e-mails that contained divergent totals, as evidence, and they got back to me after a few days to let me know my card was credited for the difference. Whew! Must've been a computer glitch or something.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
I ended up with

STRANGERS WITH CANDY-2ND SEASON $12.96
MST3K-SET 4 $28.70
AUTUMN SONATA (CRITERION) $23.00
INGMAR BERGMAN A FILM TRILOGY (CRITERION) $46.04
THE MAGIC FLUTE (CRITERION) $17.24
THE SEVENTH SEAL (CRITERION) $23.00
R E M-IN VIEW-BEST OF $10.63
ALL THAT HEAVEN ALLOWS (CRITERION) $23.00
UMBERTO D (CRITERION) $17.24
CARNIVAL OF SOULS (1962/CRITERION) $23.00
BRIEF ENCOUNTER (CRITERION) $23.00

They all have not shipped however.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,

Was the REM-In View-Best of DVD the DVD-Audio version? I searched for it on DDD last week but the search showed no results. Today I tried the search again and it showed up as "DVD Only".

Last week I just assumed that they didn't have it. I wish I had been able to find it last week for $10.63. That would have been a steal.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Should I be worried?

My account status on DDD says Alien Q is in progress.
Alias 2 in backorder.

Checked my wellsfargo account online today and the "$95 and change" that was marked for DDD and labeled "pending" is not there anymore after being there since I ordered last Tuesday 12-2.

This talk about canceled orders scares me...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
^

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Both the items I ordered were in stock and it took them a while to finally charge my debit card.

Then I checked my account balance a couple days later via online banking and the charge had been removed.

A couple days later, it was finally charged for good. I don't know why they do this, but apparently they do.

I wasn't worried about the charge being removed from my account because I had paid for the 2-day shipping and had received my items by then. So I either knew my order would be charged or I'd simply get the items for free. :D

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Thanks Dane!

That is a little screwy. Hopefully I'll at least get Aliens Q this week (and maybe Alias with a little luck). Actually, today would make a great day to get AQ..

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
All that activity is fairly normal. They run an approval and the charge appears immediately. Then after a little while it disappears until the actual charge comes through.

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas, I ordered the AQ back on Dec. 2 and it was finally shipped out today. The reason given to me was problems with their credit card processing system. But the guy I spoke over the weekend said he would make sure it got shipped out today...and it did.

Might be worth it to give them a call if you're still experiencing delays.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Like many of you, I ordered the Quadrilogy literally within minutes of it becoming available on Monday night/Tuesday morning, and paid the extra $4.95 for the Expedited Shipping. It's been "in process" ever since, but I finally got the e-mail today, letting me know that it had shipped.

However, I just checked my account status at the site, and it still shows as being "in process", and that it hasn't shipped yet.

I'm betting that they have shipped it, but are just slow in updating the site, as I can imagine.

I hope to receive it early next week. We'll see.
Received the Quadrilogy today in the mail, and everything looks to be in good shape.

Thanks DDD!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Potent stream
Recent bookmarks