What's new

"Two" DDD Coupons - 20% OFF! (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
No, there's not limit as far as I can tell. People just getting greedy. :D

I received a nice $70+ discount and "saved" well over $220. Thanks for pointing these out as I was able to catch up on all the DVDs and sets I didn't have the time to pick up over the last month and a half.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Don't think so. I ordered about 10 items with a single code. All were discounted.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
No limit on the "usatoday" code. I got about 10-11 items in a single order, all discounted.

But maybe some of the other codes have different terms?

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
I used a couple of the codes, & I think it was the KLSX code that would not honor more than 5 items. I had 7 items in my cart (all in stock), & it would not accept the code. I took 2 out, & then it accepted the code. Maybe it was just a glitch in the system? Anyway plenty enough codes to go around.

Todd

Looking around the net it seems many have placed orders of over 5 items, so I guess it was just a glitch.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Actually I believe there is a 5 item limit. Can anyone else confirm?
There's a limit to the number of a particular title you can purchase, which is five. For example, you cannot buy six copies of Alien Quadrilogy, but, as far as I know, there is no limit to the total number of individual DVDs you can order.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to replenish an "out of stock" item?

Also, is this coupon still good all the way through the 5th or does it expire at midnight tonight?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Dane,

It depends on the item. I have an item on backorder until the 12th, but it depends on the set.

As for the coupon, I IMAGINE it would be good THROUGH tomorrow, but it's just mu speculation.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
No limit, but apparently each code can be used only once and, inevitably, you end up forgetting to order something you wanted. Then you need a second code to place another discount order.
This is one of the advantages to using something like DVD Aficionado or DVD Profiler's "Wish List", you always have a quick reference to the DVD's that you want.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Alien Quadrilogy - 58.55
Alias: Season 2 - 36.28
Strangers With Candy: Season 2 - 12.96
Married With Children: Season 1 17.64
Terminator 3 - 15.91
The People Under The Stairs - 7.48
Rosemary's Baby - 7.48
Dressed To Kill - 7.29

Saved roughly 100 bucks... ;)

Thank you very much.

Doug Ennis

Stunt Coordinator
Man, these codes were a godsend! I had so many DVD's I'd been wanting to get. Here is my damage so far:

- Alfred Hitchcock - Wrong Men & Notorious Women Criterion Box Set:
(Notorious, Rebecca, Spellbound, 39 Steps, Lady Vanishes)
- Third Man Criterion
- Insomnia Criterion
- Akira Kurosawa - Four Samurai Classics Criterion Box Set: (Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Seven Samurai)
- Warner Legends Box Set: (Yankee Doodle Dandy, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Adventures of Robin Hood)
- Alien Quadrilogy
- Superman Collection
- Rocky Collection
- Beverly Hills Cop - Complete Lineup
- Jack Ryan SE Collection
- Blue, White, & Red Collection
- Audrey Hepburn Collection: (Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sabrina)
- To Live & Die in L.A.
- The Man Who Cried
- High Sierra
- They Drive By Night
- Dark Passage
- Logan's Run
- Mermaids
- Risky Business
- Color of Night
- Blown Away
- Once Upon a Time in the West
- Once Upon a Time in America
- Dead Man
- Lost in La Mancha
- The Big Sleep
- In a Lonely Place
- Desperate Hours
- Twin Peaks Season 1
& the following Fox Studio Classics:
- Best Picture Collection (Sunrise, Gentleman's Agreement, How Green Was My Valley, All About Eve)
- Inn of the Sixth of Happiness
- Love is a Many Splendored Thing
- Mark of Zorro
- Ox-Bow Incident
- Titanic
- Affair to Remember
- Anastasia
- The Day the Earth Stood Still
- The Ghost & Mrs. Muir
- The Song of Bernadette

Wow, and that was all with one code. The wife is going to KILL me!!!

Galen_V

Second Unit
Family Guy Volume 1 $ 27.13
Family Guy Volume 2 $ 29.27
T2: Extreme Edition $ 12.76
Jurrasic Park: The Lost World $ 11.19
The X-Men Collection $ 23.41
-----------------------------------------
Total: $103.76

What an amazing deal. All this stuff definately would have cost me around 175 dollars at Best Buy :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
last day to use the coupon...

i've already placed two orders for a total of just under $320, and i've got some more titles sitting in the cart right now (totaling just over $100).
i'm afraid to pull the trigger on it but i don't know if its becasue i don't want to spend any more money or because i may remember something else i wanted ten minutes later :)

consumption at its worst...i'm barely finding time to watch what i've got on the shelves now.

but what a great chance to pick up some criterions i would otherwise pass by...and those Twilight Zone sets at under $60...

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Paul - I finished off my TZ collection with #4 for a little over $58. That was the easiest $50+ purchase I ever had to make. :D

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
There's two Special Edition Christmas Vacation DVDs on the site. The WS version says $14.39 the SE version is $23.39. They visually appear to be identical but have different UPC #s. Which one do I want?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well, I finally ordered Indy, and threw in Amores Perros and Once Upon a Time in the West, mainly because I want them NOW. That plus Decalogue last week, and I believe I am done. About $100 total... although this amount is already atypical of me (yes, I am a cheap bastard), I would have spent much more if this deal didn't come at such a bad time...

I would have loved to stock up on some criterions (namely Notorious, Rebecca, Rashomon, Do the Right Thing), but when you're used to spending $10 for a DVD, $23 for even those great movies becomes very hard to justify.

--
H

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I took the plunge. I ordered "Echoes of a Megaphone", which is a fascinating tale of a group of internet shoppers who delight in telling the world of their purchases, without regard for pertinent or interesting information.

It's as complex as it is redundant. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks