What's new

"Two" DDD Coupons - 20% OFF! (1 Viewer)

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I placed my order on Friday the 5th and just received my shipping confirmation yesterday. This is my first encounter with DDD, but I'll let the slowness slide for 20% off. Plus, I'm sure they were swamped because of the special. My mom even ordered from them when I told her about the sale, and I don't think she has ever ordered much of anything online.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I've got to believe they were buried; every online forum I frequent was talking about these coupons. I'm surprised I've already gotten most of my massive orders, frankly.:emoji_thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They may be placing the $36 for Alias "on hold" until they ship. I think BestBuy.com also does this. In order to guarantee that the money is in your account, they authorize a "hold" so you cannot use the cash as long as the order is pending even though they won't actually remove the money until it ships.

I placed two orders, one back on 12/3 for which I also paid for "Expedited Shipping." Still no DVD's or even confirmation that they've shipped. :frowning:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Tony, I posted this before, but I'll post it again. When you placed the order, they got a confirmation for the $95+. That disappeared after a day or two, or however long WF keeps it there. That is how virtually anything you buy works. I'm guessing you are using a debit card. Now, the final charge will appear once they ship the DVD. It is quite likely both sets won't be shipped at the same time. I seriously doubt they will do anything wrong. I have had DVDs arrive from DDD before the charge appeared on my account. I also often get the DVDs before I get the shipping confirmation, or a lot of times, it is the same day.

Also, to all concerned, I expect the expedited shipping is usually largely a waste of money. What is faster is the transit time. I don't think it makes a bit of difference in how long it takes to get out of the warehouse. The main benefit is that this time of year media mail can get pretty slow.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Got my order today 12/12 via UPS Ground. Ordered on the 12/2; was notified on Saturday 12/6 of shipment. My order consisted of Alias S2 and the Alien Quad.

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
For those waitnig,my second order consisting of AQ and "Live and Die in LA " placed on 12/02 arrived just now(12/12)via USPS. Another successful DDD transaction without hassles of any kind. Time to hit the couch!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
thanks john, but my post was a quote from Thomas H G, and i was offering him the idea of calling ddd.com.
since he seems to be having a problem with his order.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Had a second order during the discount period, consisting of only Simpsons 2, which was out of stock at the time. Ordered it on the 3rd, it shipped via free 5-10 day shipping on the 11th and I have it two days later. Very happy with DDD. The discount was my first taste of business with them, and I will be returning.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I just received the first DVD from my 20% off order.

Unfortunately, they sent me the wrong DVD.

Instead of sending The Third Man, they sent me The Thin Man!

Well, they were close....only off by two letters!

Of course, The Thin Man costs about half of what The Third Man does!

:angry:

Keith M.

Second Unit
Those clowns have still not shipped or changed the status of my 20% order!!

Im about ready to cancel it and never shop there again...:angry: :angry:

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
ALIEN QUADRILOGY SHIPPED 1 $58.55 1 12/08/03 58.55
ALIAS-2ND SEASON BACKORDER 1 $36.28 0 ~12/12/03 N/A

Ordered on the 2nd. Neither is here yet. Damn these people are slow. Didn't like the games they played with my checkcard. Charging me, taking it off, charging parts of the order.., but that seems to have worked out.

I'll order from here again if I can keep getting such a good deal (in price that is)...otherwise, I think I'll stick to B&Ms.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I like B&M's for the instant gratification. But I just bought Looney Tunes Golden at BB today, using a $5 certificate I have from being a Rewards member -- and I still ended up paying $6 more (after sales tax) than I would have paid by ordering from DDD. And that's without the 20% discount. My new rule is -- if I can afford to wait for an item, I'll just order it DDD.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I'm still waiting for my order... I've got a stockpile of DVDs bought from costco that I'm waiting to return. Even though costco has good prices, DDD blew them away. For an extra $100 I got a few titles I didn't have before...

Items going back to stores:
DVD : DARK CRYSTAL (SUPERBIT), THE $ 16.27
DVD : DAS BOOT (SUPERBIT)(DC)(2D) $ 16.27
DVD : APOLLO 11 $ 29.27
DVD : APOLLO 8 $ 29.27
DVD : GODS & GENERALS $ 16.65
DVD : AMADEUS (2DISC/SE) $ 16.32
DVD : SINGIN' IN THE RAIN (2DISC/SE $ 16.32
DVD : SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER $ 10.84
DVD : X-MEN X2 (WS)(UNITED SPECIAL $ 11.91
DVD : LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER (2PK) $ 21.26
Repurchasing saved me over $60 not including 8.25% sales tax on $220 of DVDs.

New purchases:
DVD : SAMURAI 1 (CRITERION) $ 17.24
DVD : SAMURAI 2 (CRITERION) $ 17.24
DVD : SAMURAI 3 (CRITERION) $ 17.24
DVD : PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN-CURS $ 14.31
DVD : TENACIOUS D-COMPLETE MASTERWO $ 10.63
DVD : SNL-CHRISTMAS $ 8.20
DVD : IMAX (SPACE COLLECTION) $ 38.84
DVD : DR. SEUSS-CAT IN THE HAT, THE $ 6.23
DVD : DR SEUSS-GREEN EGGS & HAM $ 6.23
DVD : DR SEUSS' ABC $ 6.24
DVD : DR. SEUSS-ONE FISH TWO FISH R $ 6.24

I'm holding on to all my returns until I get DDD shipments in my hands... I have no idea what I'll actually receive.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If we had sales tax I'm sure I would be frequenting DDD more often for new releases, but one or two dollars difference is not worth the wait for me in most instances. Generally if I'm going for a new release it's something I want right away. DDD hasn't been bad at all in shipping time, but I've found I enjoy the instant gratification of getting a disc the day of release more than the couple dollars of savings. I imagine that's why I'm not wealthy :)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I enjoy the instant gratification of getting a disc the day of release more than the couple dollars of savings.
yeah so do i.
problem is around here, the buyers for these chains would rather stock 400 copies of Joe Somebody than 380 copies of that and 1 copy each of 20 different lower profile catalog titles .
i ususally have to resort to DDD after coming home frustrated from usual haunts (BB, CC, Border, Target).
i've also noticed lately that BB has begun to raise their prices.
when you factor in a higher general price, and add onto that almost a 10% surcharge (tax here is 8.25%), DDD is a great deal- albeit you have to be patient.

i got my first order from their 20% sale in yesterday-
surprisingly no issues with packing- everything was in good shape except for a single disc which turned out to be a floater.
two more partial orders are on the way, and i just got confirmation that the BRD trilogy and Lady Vanishes (both back ordered Criterions) had shipped today.

i was initially ashamed at myself for not having more self control over ordering all these, but now i'm wishing i had ordered more stuff while the deals were good.
alot of it is going to get sold off anyway after one viewing.

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
On top of my previous 3 problems, now I have recieved Alias season 2 instead of alien quadrilogy.... I hope they dont give me hassles on returning it for the $30 difference in price....

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
On top of my previous 3 problems, now I have recieved Alias season 2 instead of alien quadrilogy.... I hope they dont give me hassles on returning it for the $30 difference in price....
interesting as someone over on the dvdtalk forum is asking what to do since he was sent a copy of the Alien Quad instead of the Alias S2 he ordered...

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I was just wondering if anyone's Alias S2 has shipped yet? I ordered it along with Digital Video Essentials on Tuesday December, 2rd and they estimated it would be back in stock on the 12th. My account still shows that it hasn't come back into stock yet.

Thanks

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
I've received my Alias S2. Only thing I haven't gotten yet is Finding Nemo which was on backorder.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks