What's new

Twin Peaks Pilot available here! (1 Viewer)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Hey folks, there is an import DVD site that has the Twin Peaks pilot for sale.
http://pokerindustries.com/
They have lots of HK and UK DVD's, including Ring 1+2, Evil Dead Trap 1+2, George A. Romero's Bruiser and an excellent danish flick called Body Switch! None of these are bootlegs, therefore I highly doubt that the Twin Peaks pilot is a bootleg disc.
http://pokerindustries.com/acatalog/twinpeaksdvd.htm
Enjoy!
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I got my TP pilot from them (via an eBay auction.) Quick shipping. Good service.

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,
Can you tell us about the audio and video quality.
I would like to buy one if the quality is more than ok.
Thanks

Richard Stammer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard
I disagree on the subpar comment. This DVD is the best this pilot has EVER looked, including the laserdisc with the European ending. Also, I would run to get this before it disappears as who knows when it will, if ever, be released in this country.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I have to agree with Richard. This DVD looks much better than the laserdisc and is the best it has ever looked. I'm sure the Artisan DVDs will look even better with all new digital transfers. I'm just thrilled to have the unaltered pilot on a nice-looking DVD.
Jeff

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I wouldn't say it's subpar. I'll say it's just "par". :) It's just not reference quality. I had a few sound dropouts and noticed what I guess is PAL -> NTSC speedup. But it's most certainly watchable.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Let's put it this way...
If you do NOT pick it up..... You'll be kicking yourself when the series hits dvd without the pilot.
For 20.00, you can NOT go wrong.
Dugger

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Here's a simple question I feel a little silly asking... Is the dvd available to buy through that link? I see the item description and all but I don't see anything like a BUY button.
------------------
"Wait a minute. Was she a great big fat person?"
My DVD Collection

MilesH

Stunt Coordinator
You can get the DVD A LOT cheaper from DVDShelf.com and HKFlix.com. No need to pay the $40 that Poker and Scarecrow want for the DVD.
[Edited last by MilesH on August 16, 2001 at 12:15 PM]

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks All,
Got a better deal on eBay.
Had to order it just to hear that moody theme song!

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
You can get the DVD A LOT cheaper from DVDShelf.com and HKFlix.com. No need to pay the $40 that Poker and Scarecrow want for the DVD.
What are you trying to pull, man? The DVD goes for 34.95 at HKflix and only 29.95 at Poker! WHOOPS!
rolleyes.gif

------------------

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Is this disc PAL or NTSC? Since it's a television show and not film, how does this affect the differing framerates between the two formats?

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I believe this disc is NTSC, since Poker clearly states if a disc is PAL, which is not the case here. Can't help you more than that, sorry!
------------------

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
It's NTSC, converted from a PAL source. Thus, there are some problems with speedup.
Oh yeah, the subtitles. If you require English subtitles, I feel for you. I switched them on once or twice. They're horrible. Not even close in many cases.

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Sound is pretty bad. Shrill and metallic, like in a tin can. Damn Asian remixes.
furious.gif
Looks like VCD on my 47" Panasonic. Looks "OK" on my 27" Sony. PAL speedup is instantly audible. Sold mine on eBay already.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BioProf
Recent bookmarks