What's new

TV Shows you want on DVD but highly doubt they'll come out. (1 Viewer)

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
My only other tvshow I want to collect is Drew Carey.
But Im concerned about music issues. I want the original songs like 5 oclock world in some seasons, then they changed the song.

Also from way back Im still waiting to finish my son of the beach collection.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
When hell freezes over, I will then see releases for:

Route 66
The Loner
T.H.E. Cat
The Defenders
The Rebel

More likely than the above and also on my wish list:

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
The Invaders
The Time Tunnel
The Green Hornet

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Michael,

I wouldn't write-off "Route 66" just yet. It was made by the some of the same people who made "Naked City." I'm guessing that Sony owns the rights to it since it was a Screen Gems production (same as "Naked City") so, possibly, Sony will license it to an independent like Image Entertainment which has released a number of episodes from "Naked City," though not in season sets. Not sure how sales of "Naked City" have been for Image but, if it's been a profitable venture for them, it may prompt them to secure DVD rights for "Route 66."

I doubt that much more on your primary "want list" will have a DVD release, but you never know.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
That's true, I forgot about the 'Naked City/Route 66' connection. I have all the releases to NC by the way, a very compelling and gritty crime drama. What intrigues me about the show is that it's much like 'Twilight Zone' without the fantasy element--many thoughtful, well penned episodes, often written in a Rod Serling or Reginald Rose vein. Howard Rodman and Stirling Silliphant conceived both shows and wrote many of the episodes in each, if memory serves me right.

Let's hope your hunch is right. I last saw R66 about 20 years ago on Nick at Nite. The dialogue just sings--and talk about a who's who of guest stars!

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Paul,

Thanks, great news. At 30 episodes, Time Tunnel would presumably appear as a complete release, so one needn't worry if future sets are coming out. As for Voyage, the first two seasons were far and away the best--I'm not terribly worried about seasons 3 and 4.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

I saw this list and realised that the shows listed are all ones I want and have put in bold the ones that have had at least one Season release if not more. Still really want Smart Guy, Moesha, For Your Love, New York Undercover and The Parkers

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Heath
spider-manAnimated series 1990's season sets or best of
spider-man liveaction 1970s
kung fu ledgen counties don't see why this one is not out on dvd.
swat kats
Family matters
Heathcliff
Dennsion the meance cartooon
court ship of eddiesfather
the wonder years
martial law
Night man

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks